PDA

View Full Version : Tytool error

pritch55
03-07-2003, 03:47 AM
I have recently upgraded to 3.10 through the xtreme upgrade. I have everything working but after placing the tserver_mfs6 and NowShowing.tcl file in /var/hack and chmod 777 them, I'm unable to extract because tytool crashes? I have checked to make sure that the output location is correct and I have the same problem. I was able to extract with the same files under 2.5xtreme and I was wondering if there is a different method for 3.10?

Thanks,
-pritch55

chadbear
03-07-2003, 11:16 AM
What is the path to which you're trying to put your files? I've noticed that if you have something small like e:\ as your output path, tytool will insert a newline or some nonprinting char at the end of it (you may or may not see it as a rectangle depending on your OS). If you don't remove that char it crashes... if you do remove it all is good. No clue why that happens.

jdiner
03-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pritch55
I have recently upgraded to 3.10 through the xtreme upgrade. I have everything working but after placing the tserver_mfs6 and NowShowing.tcl file in /var/hack and chmod 777 them, I'm unable to extract because tytool crashes? I have checked to make sure that the output location is correct and I have the same problem. I was able to extract with the same files under 2.5xtreme and I was wondering if there is a different method for 3.10?

Thanks,
-pritch55
Search the forum. Everything you asked is listed here.

If it was working before the upgrade then the client it not the problem. Couldn't be as what changed is the server.

I expect the problem you are having is the NowShowing.tcl program. It was built when only 3.0 was around so it looked for 3.0 and defaulted to 2.5.X if it was not "3.0". Find the fixed version on here or edit it yourself and make the check "3." rathern than 3.0 and it will then work.

If you are really seeing the client crash now that the server, I.e. Tivo, has been upgraded then do something else. At the very least give a whole lot more information about what you were doing and what went wrong...

--jdiner

BareMetal
03-07-2003, 08:38 PM
We need some output form the tytools server or the client, better if was both. But when I upgraded mine I had an issue were I would get an error while running the program. I'm sorry but I don't remember the exact error. I know the server has an error on line 330 (I believe). I rebooted my tivo and then it took off fine. Ever since then I've had to reboot my tive every so often. I really don't know the time frame. There is something in 3.10 that punks out. I'm sorry I can't explain this any better. If you search on this board you will find a better explination.

Anyways try rebooting the dtivo and see what happens.

pritch55
03-08-2003, 01:39 AM
jdiner,

That did it, I changed the NowShowing.tcl file from [PrefixMatches "3.0" $tivoswversion] to [PrefixMatches "3" $tivoswversion] and everything works. Thanks for the quick response. In the future I will make sure to give more details if there are any questions.

Thanks,
pritch55

jdiner
03-09-2003, 01:58 AM
That would be appriciated. It makes helping ever so much easier.

--jdiner