PDA

View Full Version : please help with turbonet

cpalmer1040
03-08-2003, 04:25 AM
I have just installed a fresh copy of xtreme2.5 and xtreme upgrage 2.5.2.

I thought xtreme upgrade supported turbonet by default and all I would have to do is install the card in the dtivo and I would be good to go. But, it isn't working that way. I have installed the turbonet card and when I plug the dtivo in all I get is a blank screen.

I know the dtivo is working, I was able to watch tv after each install, but if I put the turbonet card in the dtivo I get just a blank screen and no powering up screen.

What am I missing?

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

jjjones
03-08-2003, 09:23 AM
The installation of the card should not cause these problems and may be the culprit. I remember that it was not easy to install the turbonet card, given the real estate to work with. It took me several tries before the card was properly seated.

How far into the boot process are you getting? Welcome screen. Almost there. No boot at all.

2.5.2 contains the necessary network drivers for turbonet. Activiate them through xPlusz. It does not contain Olaf or Josh's tools for geting the video to your pc.

Good Luck.

jj

cpalmer1040
03-08-2003, 12:04 PM
The installation of the card should not cause these problems and may be the culprit. I remember that it was not easy to install the turbonet card, given the real estate to work with. It took me several tries before the card was properly seated.
I think I have seated it properly, there is no copper showing on the main board and it appears that it is on all of the way.

How far into the boot process are you getting? Welcome screen. Almost there. No boot at all.
I'm not getting anything, just a blank screen that doesn't do anything. It's like the boot up process doesn't know what the turbonet card is, so it doesn't do anything.

2.5.2 contains the necessary network drivers for turbonet. Activiate them through xPlusz. It does not contain Olaf or Josh's tools for geting the video to your pc.
I've looked through the readme with xupgrade and I can't find any mention of how to active support for the turbonet card, it just says that it is supported.

How do I enable support?

jjjones
03-08-2003, 12:53 PM
If all is working well when you remove the card, the problem as you describe it is hardware related. The loading, failure to load, or absence, of the network drivers should not cause these problems.

Check your cables, check your fittings and so on.

jj

cpalmer1040
03-08-2003, 01:42 PM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the turbonet card. It appears to be fully connected. Can it be installed to far on the connector?

It doesn't appear to have a problem with the fitting. It is on very good with no extra room to move on the mainboard.

Again, after I installed the card, I get nothing! The dtivo will not boot up. I hear the hard drive start to spin and a beep sound (normal???) and then nothing happens.

Any ideas on what should I look for to make sure I have it connected correctly?

cpalmer1040
03-08-2003, 07:31 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the turbonet card again, still no luck, but I did turn the power on while the cover was off and noticed a light on the turbonet card.

Does this mean it is connected properly?

BubbleLamp
03-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by cpalmer1040
I uninstalled and reinstalled the turbonet card again, still no luck, but I did turn the power on while the cover was off and noticed a light on the turbonet card.

Does this mean it is connected properly?

If you pull the card and the Tivo boots up, then it's one of two things, you either haven't seated it fully, or the turbonet board is defective.

cpalmer1040
03-14-2003, 10:27 PM
Turns out my problem was a defective turbonet card. I received a replacement and it is working.

Thanks for all the help.