PDA

View Full Version : TyTool6r3 m2v files

jjjones
03-09-2003, 10:27 AM
I am trying to simplify editing commerials from shows. I currently use a combination of TyTool and GOPEdit.

Since TyTool6r3 is producing a good mux file directly from the original Tystream, I would like to work directly with these m2v files. Unfortionately, I have not found an mpeg editor that will accept these files?

Has anyone had any success editing these files?

jj

spinxter
03-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Change the file extension to .mpg and you can edit it with anything you want.

captain_video
03-09-2003, 12:41 PM
If you're already using GOPEditor then just set the in and out points for the clips you'd like to edit out, edit the key file, and then mux the ty file in TyTool6. You don't need to use an external editing program to trim commercials. You'll probably need to do a simple remux using TMPGEnc to fix any audio sync problems generated by the internal cut points.

DgtHorse
03-09-2003, 12:50 PM
i dont mind working with TyTool but i would love to have a batch file that with the key file creates an m2v and an m2a is it possible and if yes....with what command?

jdiner
03-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DgtHorse
i dont mind working with TyTool but i would love to have a batch file that with the key file creates an m2v and an m2a is it possible and if yes....with what command?
Editing with splitting is on it's way. But it is not the pain free thing so many here think it will be. It can't be. It just can't. And I will explain why in a longer post in the TyTool thread. Look for it there.

--jdiner

jdiner
03-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by jjjones
I am trying to simplify editing commerials from shows. I currently use a combination of TyTool and GOPEdit.

Since TyTool6r3 is producing a good mux file directly from the original Tystream, I would like to work directly with these m2v files. Unfortionately, I have not found an mpeg editor that will accept these files?

You want a simpler editor than the GopEdit tool? Good luck. Everything else I have seen has way more features and is way more complex. But to each there own.

There are a number of perfectly valid names for mpeg files. They just never seem to get registered under windows.

mpg, mpeg, m2v, m2p etc... are all valid names. Most tools just want to see it as .mpg under windows. There are far more important things on my plate that offering a GUI feature to pick the name. Just rename them and try. Some tools work with the mpeg files that produced some do not.

The best bet for now is patience. Things are ever changing and there are pretty cool things on the horizon.

--jdiner

Pr.Sinister
03-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by jdiner
You want a simpler editor than the GopEdit tool? Good luck. Everything else I have seen has way more features and is way more complex. But to each there own.

There are a number of perfectly valid names for mpeg files. They just never seem to get registered under windows.

mpg, mpeg, m2v, m2p etc... are all valid names. Most tools just want to see it as .mpg under windows. There are far more important things on my plate that offering a GUI feature to pick the name. Just rename them and try. Some tools work with the mpeg files that produced some do not.

The best bet for now is patience. Things are ever changing and there are pretty cool things on the horizon.

--jdiner

I agree! GopEditor is by far the fastest way of cutting commercials
i have ever used. Loading up a 3 gig file will always be sluggish.
But loading up a 100 meg key file is blazing fast. And the fact that
we ONLY see the I-Frames for something that is GOP accurate,
lets us decide better where we want to put the cut point.

"If i put it there, i have a second of commercial, but if i put it
there, i miss 2 seconds of the show"...

-Pr.