PDA

View Full Version : TyTool 6r3 -- Options Question // jdiner!

Neutronflux
03-09-2003, 01:17 PM
For those of you in the know --

In the Options Menu there are 2 possible selections:
Mux Options:
-- Standard Mux Output
-- VCD/SVCD Mux Output

The SVCDs that I'm making have LOW voices -- I was reading up on it and it seems as though the 48Khz audio should be at 44.1Khz and it's causing choppiness in the video as well. If I select VCD/SVCD Mux Output -- will this downsample the audio for VCD compatibility or am I way off base on this?

If it doesn't change the audio, does it do anything at all, I mean, is this a feature which hasn't been implemented yet?

Pr.Sinister
03-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Neutronflux
For those of you in the know --

In the Options Menu there are 2 possible selections:
Mux Options:
-- Standard Mux Output
-- VCD/SVCD Mux Output

The SVCDs that I'm making have LOW voices -- I was reading up on it and it seems as though the 48Khz audio should be at 44.1Khz and it's causing choppiness in the video as well. If I select VCD/SVCD Mux Output -- will this downsample the audio for VCD compatibility or am I way off base on this?

If it doesn't change the audio, does it do anything at all, I mean, is this a feature which hasn't been implemented yet?

It won't downsample the audio. It muxes in different sized packs
for compatibility. My Apex AD-1200 will play the show where it is
unwatchable because of the artifacting and skipping if i don't use
the SVCD mux.

If your player doesn't like the 48KHz, then demux and downsample
the audio with BeSweet then remux to SVCD sized packs

-Pr.

Neutronflux
03-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Hey Pr. thanks for the heads up. I just did that - demux/remux with a downsample on the audio, the LOW voices are gone, but it's still a bit choppy in places... but it's WAAAY better.

I really appreciate all your help. My next TyTool demux is going to be with the SVCD option to see if it makes a difference. I can't wait for the new utilities to come out... it'll definitely make things easier!

jdiner
03-09-2003, 02:59 PM
The code for doing the audio rate conversion has been added. But not released. Things were getting a bit kludgy and so I have been reworking things.

--jdiner

Neutronflux
03-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up Josh!