PDA

View Full Version : tytool6 m2v/mpg file issue, incorrect time length

samighi
03-09-2003, 03:46 PM
I am not sure how to report this re: TyToolAlpha6r2.

I have several episodes (30 or so) that are in various qualities. I have download several Best Quality with ty6 without any issues, multiplexe mode to M2v/MPG directly. Several others (best quality) are of the right file size, but in mediaplayer, show incorrect time and do not play properly past the first few minutes. the episodes are 33 minutes long (2 minutes prior, 1 minute after and 30 minutes episodes). The correct ones report 33:01 minutes. The incorrect ones report 3:31 minutes or 1:04:0x minutes.

Again, I am not sure how and where to report this for feedback.

I am not in a hurry at all, but any info would be appreciated.

thank you, SA
SVR-2000 - 120GB, Tivonet
:confused:

artships
03-10-2003, 02:39 PM
I've seen a couple of mpg's like that. Were you to examine the time fields in the headers you'll see that the show starts with 0, works up to 3:31, then starts over. Drop it into an authoring program and it will quit after 3:31. You get the same phenomena using a program called, IIRC, mpegjoin.

Don't know of a fix, though. Nothing in TMPGEnc's utilities would fix it for me.

samighi
03-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by artships
I've seen a couple of mpg's like that. Were you to examine the time fields in the headers you'll see that the show starts with 0, works up to 3:31, then starts over. Drop it into an authoring program and it will quit after 3:31. You get the same phenomena using a program called, IIRC, mpegjoin.

Don't know of a fix, though. Nothing in TMPGEnc's utilities would fix it for me.

- Does R3 have the same issue?
- Also, if I download the same file multiple times, is there a chance it will be correct?
- If no fixes, are there work arounds? like .ty and mux them?

I am downloading seasons of Red Dwarf and i would like to have complete sets.

thanks in advance, SA

artships
03-11-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by samighi
- Does R3 have the same issue?
Dunno. I last saw this with R1.
If I download the same file multiple times, is there a chance it will be correct?
Dunno. Try it.[/B]
If no fixes, are there work arounds? like .ty and mux them?Last time I saw it was with "Thouroughly Modern Millie." With TMPGENC I transcoded several times different parts of the show. Never succeeded in merging them back together. Opted for waiting until June for the DVD. Don't recall re-extracting it. In short, all I know is what little I've reported, and that you should enable a log file in TMPGEnc. Do, please, try several things and report your findings.

samighi
03-11-2003, 09:35 AM
I tried twice more with multiplex option, same result.

I extract .ty and vsplit'd it. the m2v looks good, m2a looks good, but they are not the same time length. So I am not sure if I can put them back together again. m2v is 33:07, m2a is 33:13.

I am going to guess (wild ass as in) that the problem maybe in tserver_mfs6.

If anyone wants me to try anything to shed more light on this, please let me know.

RE: episodes of Red_Dwarf (region 1). i hear that seasons 3,4 will be out next feb and 5,6 the next year, etc. I don't feel like waiting that long. I will leave the "corrupted" episodes on Tivo until later. the rest will be extracted.

SA :|