PDA

View Full Version : SA Audio Conversion Problem

Y2JProd
03-09-2003, 09:47 PM
I finally am able to create a DVD that has the edit points I and and the audio and video in sync, however I have one last problem I need some help with.

The audio has crackles and pops in it. You mostly hear it on quiet scenes, but it is present throughout the whole clip.

I have a Stand Alone Tivo which records the audio at 32 Khz so I need to upsample it to 48 Khz. I have used BeSweet to do this and tried both m2a and ac3 conversions and get the same results.

The exact syntax I am using is:

BeSweet.exe -core( -input %1 -output %1.done.m2a ) -azid( -c light -L -3db --maximize ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -m s -b 192 -e )

and

BeSweet.exe -core( -input %1 -output %1.ac3 ) -azid( -c light -L -3db --maximize ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -m s -b 192 -e ) -ac3enc( -b 192)

I found these in other threads on this message board.

If anyone has any idea why the audio is having problems after the conversion it would be appreciated. Perhaps these settings are not correct or maybe I should use something else to upsample the audio.

Any help would be appreciated!

spinxter
03-09-2003, 09:50 PM
What are you using for extraction and conversion? Allegedly the newest version of TyTool that was posted in the last couple of days has better sound quality.

Y2JProd
03-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Actually I am using TyTool 6R2 but the problem is not the split audio from the Ty stream, that sounds fine. The problem is when I upsample it from 32 Khz to 48 Khz.

I am using TyDemux to split the stream.

spinxter
03-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Well, personally I have stopped using BeSweet for the upsampling. I use Winamp to convert it to .wav, then Wavelab to upsample, then TooLame GUI to convert .wav to .mp2. I get no pops. It does take a few more steps, but it works good.

Y2JProd
03-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks... I'll look into that process and see how it works.

Y2JProd
03-10-2003, 05:14 AM
It looks like you were on the right track in your original response.

Doing some more testing with this, the original demuxed audio from the ty stream also had the popping in it.

I tried TyTool6r3 and I still get the popping on the demuxed audio.

FreydNot
03-10-2003, 05:50 AM
I had problems with the release version of BeSweet adding clicks and pops when going from 32k to 48k. I updated to the latest beta version of BeSweet from their home page and the clicks went away. Give that a try if the latest TyTools doesn't fix it. You might also want to try out tydemux to see if its mpa file comes out different then the tytool one.

Y2JProd
03-10-2003, 03:25 PM
I generally use TyDemux on the Ty file as that is the only way I can get a valid video file that I can import into SpruceUP.

However using TyTool6r3 to extract the ty and using TyTools produces the same possing. So does using the latest vsplitmux on the ty as well as having TyTools extract the files in split mode.

Everything I seem to try to separate the audio and video from the Ty file results in audio that pops.

spinxter
03-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Maybe your ty is bad? Do the pops come in the same place every time?