PDA

View Full Version : Problem/Question about tytool

A.C.
03-10-2003, 12:30 AM
I'm having some trouble with tytool. I found some instructions on this site and that's what I'm following.

Downloaded TyToolAlpha6r3.exe extracted the files and then moved NowShowing.tcl tserver_mfs6 and did the chmod. I start up tserver_mfs6 and then open tytool and try to get a list and here's my output first from the tytool:

Ready...
Reading list from the server...
Clear Now Showing List...
Connecting to '192.168.0.151'
Connected...
Getting NowShowing data...
Sorry.. Could not obtain the list.

And from the SAT-T60:

SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
invalid attribute: RecordQuality
while executing
"dbobj $setup get RecordQuality"
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set setup [db $db open /Setup]

set defrecquality [dbobj $setup get RecordQuality]
set setuptz [dbobj $setup g..."
(procedure "init_db" line 45)
invoked from within
"init_db"
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 383)
Waiting for an incomming connection!

Does this tool work for a DTiVo?? Any help would be great.

jdiner
03-10-2003, 04:10 AM
Run a search on the dealdatabase forum here. This has been asked at least once a day for frickin ever.

You would appear to be running some version of 3.1 or newer.

The script as I wrote it was built around 3.0 and 2.5.x... There is an if case in the script that checks against "3.0". Edit the file with VI on the tivo or some other editor and change it to be "3."... Specifically drop the 0 off of the end and it will run.

Or search the forum here and find the already fixed one that has been posted, download it, ftp it to your tivo and you'll be in business.

--jdiner

A.C.
03-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the help. I tried to find a resolution, but wasn't sure what the problem was. Thanks again.

jdiner
03-11-2003, 04:04 AM
Yeah. I know I sound frustrated but I am. After you posted this and I made my reply I check the top page of this forum and found the same questions posted 3 times, you being 1 of the three... Definately a frustating issue for me.

--jdiner

BubbleLamp
03-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by jdiner
Yeah. I know I sound frustrated but I am. After you posted this and I made my reply I check the top page of this forum and found the same questions posted 3 times, you being 1 of the three... Definately a frustating issue for me.

--jdiner

A simple solution would be to put a working Nowshowing in the zip with the other files each time you do a release, so some of the newer readers wouldn't have to find it on their own each time.

jdiner
03-11-2003, 12:38 PM
The problem there for me is that I don't know all of the fixes people put in. Some in teh UK had to do something completely different. So it is a catch-22. It fixes things for some but breaks things for others.

I put out the request for all of the fixes people were using, but I got no responses. Since I don't know what was wrong for some of these users, different hardware or OS than I have, I have no way to duplicating things...

Puts me in a rather bad position.

--jdiner

zabs
03-11-2003, 10:55 PM
I too have thought it would be convenient to put in a NowShowing in with the releases....I can see jdiner's point about not wanting to put out something that is going to break some people, but a think a simple "use at your own risk" type warning would prompt people have made their own fixes to at the very least backup their currently working version (incase of troubles) while allowing the majority of the population to get what the need in one package.

Obviously this is nothing more than a suggestion, from a lowly but grateful "user" of a fine set of tools.