PDA

View Full Version : Location # for dsr6000 P/S Switching board

Rockstead
03-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Well my second power supply on my Phillips dsr6000 Directivo has now died, it worked great for months and then all of a sudden the unit started rebooting at the 'Powering Up' screen and now the unit won't even turn on (although the fan still works).

After going through the forum I see that the part # for the P/S is #146855911, not that it did me any good since Sony is no longer selling this power supply. I know I have the option of purchasing another one at $99, but my local Electronic shop told me that the problem was 99% the switching control board (he actually said switching chip, but I'm assuming that's the same thing and I would like to try that route before shelling out for a whole new power supply.

I saw from some schematics on this board that the part # for that component is 553-1467, but when I called Sony they did not recognize that part # and said they needed a location # to locate the part that I'm requesting.

Can anyone please tell me what information I need to give Sony in order to get this component off them (if it's even still available), and if it's not available are there any other places that I could just order this specific part from?

Thanks so much.

BubbleLamp
03-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Read this (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21314) thread. You can buy the SA power supply and pull off the switching board.

TiVo Repair
03-21-2003, 01:21 PM
Is located on the control board, 8pin DIP package. On the Philips model it is a UC3842, pretty cheap. Also on the control board there is a 4.7uf 25v cap, you might want to go ahead an change that bad boy out while your at it.