PDA

View Full Version : Just want MPEG audio to sync

jjjones
03-12-2003, 06:31 PM
What are people using to get a good muxed mpeg2 output from a DTiVo ty stream?

jj

ronnythunder
03-12-2003, 06:40 PM
ty -> tytool6r1 (ty mode) -> vsplitmux2c -> ifoedit -> nero

that's the easiest of the several chanis that i use..

ronny

AlphaWolf
03-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Or, just wait another 48 or less hours :P

otakucode
03-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah, tydemux/tyStudio is definitely the way to go. Sync was always a constant nightmare for me with jdiners tools... I'd get it right, then a few shows later I'd find out it was totally off again. Tydemux has never given me any sync issues. Since I started using it, the only sync problem I had was one I created myself by using variable bitrate MP3 audio in an AVI I encoded and then editing it with VirtualDubMod without the VBR compatibility turned on... not the fault of tydemux at all.

Right now my process is tyTool5 for extraction -> then I run a script I wrote to convert the TY right to an MPEG-2 program stream with tydemux and mplex. Then I use MPEG Mediator to convert it to Divx 5.0.3 nth-pass encoding at 2500kbps with 2 passes. I'm working on automating MPEG Mediator right now because I hate having to do it manually, but it ended up being a bit more complicated than I at first thought, but I know it is possible. Anyhow, then I burn those Divx's to DVD-R when I get enough to fill one and when I want to watch it, I just pop it in my Xbox and load up Xbox Media Player. No sync issues at all after hundreds of streams.

OtakuCODE

BareMetal
03-16-2003, 12:30 PM
I use Tytools6r3 right now.. I download the ty file. Edit the file and create the mpg's, all out Tytools6r3. The issue I have then is the cut issue. I then use TMPenc and click on the file menu and mpeg tools and to a simple mux on the mpg. Now I have good MPG. From here I use DVD Patcher to patch the header to 352x480. I then use Ulead Movie Maker and create the DVD menu system and save the dvd to a folder on my computer. Then I use DVD patcher to patch the second VOB file back to 480x480 (not just the first header). The I can finally burn to DVD+r with Nero.

So far these disk have played in every player I've tried except for the Apex progresive scan, It was a model 8XX I don't remember for sure. But this disc has played in every other Apex model I have tried as well as Sony, toshiba, PS2, Go Video, and various others.

I'm really looking forward to the TyStudio release though. Jdiners tools have worked fine for me so far. I have no real complaints with them. But there are some advanced features that I'm looking forward to.