PDA

View Full Version : IfoEdit keeps crashing on me

simonp
03-14-2003, 02:32 PM
I've done lots of searching and reading but I must be missing something. I'm just trying to use ifoedit to author a DVD.

I paid my $5 and have version .96b1

I mux the video in Tytool everything looks good when it plays in powerDVD.
I use TMPGenc to "simple demux" the audio and video into separate files.
Open IFOedit and use DVD Author -> Author new DVD.
Click on the . and select my video file
click on the . and select my audio file
click on the . and select a CellTimes.txt (Exact spelling) with the contents as posted by Hi8 in
another thread. I do see the numbers listed in that window. How touchy is that file format? Do I need a newline at the end of the file or not?

Do I need to enter a SubPicture?

My output directory does exist and I've tried changing it to alternate locations. Do I need to specify a filename for output or just a directory?

When I'm done and click OK, IFO just crashes after maybe a second.

What step am I missing or doing wrong? I've tried two different movies so far, one with ac3 audio and one without, both crash IFOEdit.

ronnythunder
03-14-2003, 02:44 PM
what happens if you leave out the celltimes.txt?

ronny

simonp
03-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Same crash, at first I was leaving it out then decided maybe I needed it for things to work.

ronnythunder
03-14-2003, 03:42 PM
are you doing dtivo or standalone?

i'm doing dtivo, and here's what i do when i use ifoedit:

ty on dtivo -> tytool6r1 (ty format) -> vsplitmux2c -> ifoedit -> nero

i let vsplitmux2c do the demuxing into m2v and m2a; i don't use tmpgenc in this case.

can you try that?

ronny

03-14-2003, 04:21 PM
That crash usually means a non-existent destination directory. Double check your spelling (I've made that error).

Maybe even use the root directory (as a test).

simonp
03-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Well demuxing in vsplitmux from a .ty seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for the advice.

emyrold
07-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I am working from a 9 page word doc "Tivo to DVD":

tytool > 1. get (extract show) > 2. Make key file(s) > 3. Edit key file(s) [cut commercials using GOP editor] > 4. tried both VOB-Mux File(s) and VOB-Mux (New format) > Create IFO > briefly shows the DVD menu then tytool---.exe shuts-down...

I have done these steps many times, changed the iso location from where the vob's are located to another empty directory called isoimage, etc...

I make sure to select "Set Item" before selecting "Make IFO", ect...

Please help?

kahberek
07-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Same here. 9r14 everything works well, but when everything is setup and I click "Make IFO" ---pfffff....all Tytool windows are gone. Only thing in the directory I pointed it to generate the files into is the menu.bmp file.

This is the only version I have used. I have a feeling it is with dvdauthor and or cygwin1.dll. Also, I am attached remotely to the box via terminal services. Will try the console this evening.

---Being my first post, I answered my question with some tinkering. For speed sake I was connected via terminal services at 256 colors. I disconnected and reconnected at 24 bit video depth and ran the create IFO Files/Dirs and the process went completely with no issues. Hope it may help any others with the same issue.

emyrold
07-01-2004, 04:54 PM
... Also, I am attached remotely to the box via terminal services. Will try the console this evening.

I was also working via terminal services, I just went to the console and it works fine.... gotta love Windows...

-e

malfunct
07-01-2004, 08:26 PM
I was also working via terminal services, I just went to the console and it works fine.... gotta love Windows...

-e

This is why it would be nice if old threads always got smashed into FAQ's. This has been previously discovered (maybe even twice discussed). I am adding the question/answer to the tytool faq on www.tytool.com

eastwind
07-02-2004, 05:30 PM
This is why it would be nice if old threads always got smashed into FAQ's. This has been previously discovered (maybe even twice discussed). I am adding the question/answer to the tytool faq on www.tytool.com

<snip> For speed sake I was connected via terminal services at 256 colors. I disconnected and reconnected at 24 bit video depth and ran the create IFO Files/Dirs and the process went completely with no issues. Hope it may help any others with the same issue.

Might want to point other users in this direction in the FAQ in case they really want to use terminal services.

ew