PDA

View Full Version : GOP errors - how to precisely find and remove

davids66
03-16-2003, 12:43 PM
My dtivo causes GOP errors on occasion which are not corrected by tydemux 4.2. SpruceUp aborts with a GOP error and the procedure I now use is the TMPGEnc merge & cut to remove the error. I can remove it with a trial and error process to determine the exact position and eliminate it by cutting out just a fraction of a second where the error is and merging the mpg together again but it is a long process.

Is there any tool which will report exactly where in an mpg the GOP error is? I wish tydemux worked perfectly to remove these but it doesn't.

Please let me know how others remove these GOP errors. Thanks.

David

captain_video
03-16-2003, 11:12 PM
I've found that the latest version of tydemux seems to work better if you extract using an older version of tytool (i.e. tytool5r2). The latest version of tytool6r3 seems to be doing some repair of the GOP faults as well but I don't think this occurs until the splitting process. Usually, if I can't get a good extraction and split using tytool6r3 then I'll use the older tytool with tydemux. Using tydemux with tytool6r3 doesn't even seem to work at all for fixing GOP errors, at least with the few stremas I've tried it with.

davids66
03-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the information. With the speed at which the new tools are being developed, I will just have patience and see if they solve some of the GOP errors I have had. I would imagine I am not the only one with these errors.

David