PDA

View Full Version : Spruce (Up or Maestro) crash

Mr. Smith
03-18-2003, 11:46 AM
When trying to preview the movie in the real-time preview screen, I have what I believe to be a working copy of 2000 cinemaster installed with the required codec but for some reason after attempting to preview the video (checking for sync issues) the spruce software crashes and cinemaster wont boot again (locks at initializing).

I wasn't having this problem before I installed my pioneer A05, just after, thought it might've been the new mobo as well but tried it on the old box and it does the same thing now, it seems to look for a file (even searched the web) then crashes. Is there a cost efficient alternative to these two DVD authoring programs?

My other problem was extraction speed from the TiVo, fixed that last night and now I'm at 2 and change MB per sec (2.25). But now that Im cleeaning my TiVo I cant archive what I want to.

Hobby
03-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Hey, Mr. Smith

How did you fix your extraction speed problem?

--Hobby--

captain_video
03-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I would recommend uninstalling and then reloading the software and see if your problem goes away. It sounds like something may have gotten corrupted in one of the program files. If you had it working before it's the only thing I can see that would be causing your problem. The A05 shouldn't have any impact at all on the authoring software. Make sure you don't have Auto Insert Notification turned on in Device Manager as this could also cause you some problems.

I don't know what you would consider a cost efficient alternative to either of the Spruce products since you most likely got both of them for free. A lot of people have been using some of the Ulead products with great success, in particular DVD Workshop and DVD Movie Factory. You can download trial versions of each program from the Ulead website. IfoEdit is also being widely used (it'll cost you 5 bucks for the 0.96B version from the IfoEdit website) but you can't create any menus with it and the chapter function is really flaky.

Mr. Smith
03-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Hobby, I changed my network properties on the NIC to 100/FullDuplex and set tytool6r3 to double socket and either channel 0 or a music station and viola DU meter was registering 2MB and then some. Superfast!

Captain Video, I doubt I turned off the auto-insert function (not sure if it's on by default) but will check it out when I get home. Yeah, free is what I meant, I'll look into ULEAD's authoring sw. Thanks!

Hobby
03-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Smith
Changed my network properties to 100/FullDuplex and set tytool6r3 to double socket and either channel 0 or a music station and viola DU meter was registering 2MB and then some.

Thanks

I'll give it a shot

--Hobby--