PDA

View Full Version : Extraction Newbie--scramble/descramble?

GLS
03-18-2003, 04:28 PM
I've been reading up on extraction and I'm hoping to get started extracting from my DSR6000 soon after installing my Turbonet. I think I'm clear on everything except the scrambling/descrambling. The only posts I've been able to find on this are at least several months old, so I'm wondering what the latest word on this is.

As I currently understand it, I have to install a script to disable scrambling, after which point I can't watch shows recorded prior to that time unless I turn scrambling back on. Is this at all accurate? I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to a howto, or perhaps clue me in on some better search terms.

I should add that I don't want to install 25xtreme or anything, I want to keep my current installation of the standard 3.1.

Thanks!

captain_video
03-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Your assumptions are correct about watching scrambled shows with scrambling turned off and vice versa. You should also know that any shows recorded with scrambling turned on cannot be extracted from your DTivo. There is currently no way (nor is there ever likely to be) to descramble a show that was recorded with scrambling turned on. Check the How Tos sticky in the DirecTV Tivo Hacking forum or run a search for noscramble.o for info on turning off scrambling.

GLS
03-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Off to find noscramble.o.