PDA

View Full Version : simpsons.ty -> simpsons.mpg :: how??

phildog
03-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi folks. I haven't done any extraction stuff for a few months so I'm very rusty.

My tivo is setup with mfs_stream and tivoweb and is working fine for my purposes: I click on the show title and get TheSimpsons.ty on my WinXP box. Perfect.

Now I want to perform the simplest conversion possible to turn this into a mpeg I can watch on my laptop. What should I use? I know there are a hundred ways to skin this cat, I just want a simple one that is fairly bulletproof.

The ideal, I guess, would be if I double-click the .ty file and some time later I have my .mpeg file.

Any advice?

thanks!
Phil

hickory
03-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by phildog

Now I want to perform the simplest conversion possible to turn this into a mpeg I can watch on my laptop. What should I use? I know there are a hundred ways to skin this cat, I just want a simple one that is fairly bulletproof.

Phil,

Do you have any DVD software on your laptop? If so and your using the newest version of Tytools then just click on File and then check multiplex mode then process file and select your simpsons ty file. You will end up with a .m2v file that will play perfectly in your DVD program or in Windows Media Player.

Now, if you really want an mpeg file then this is what I do. I open DVD2AVI and open the m2v file and click on save project, name it what you want and click OK. When done you will have a .d2v file and another file that ends like this "MPA T01 DELAY 0ms". Go to TMPGenc and run Project Wizard and use the d2v file for the video and the other file for the audio. Depending on your pc's processor speed you will end up with an mpeg that you can watch on your laptop.

This is pretty quick and dirty so let me know if you need anymore help with it. Or maybe someone else here has a better way. :D

Tom

dialanothernumb
03-20-2003, 09:01 AM
You could try TyStudio. About to be released in beta form, possibly tomorrow. This'll allow you to produce lots of ifferent flavours of mpg depending on what you wnat to do... SVCD or DVD authoring or just vanilla watching on the pc. The ui is simple, works on windows and Linux and soon Mac. Watch the tystudio alpha test thread for more