PDA

View Full Version : OT: To those that have made DVD Covers and Jewel Cases

RxMan
03-19-2003, 07:39 PM
I need to make a few DVD covers and jewel cases for movies that I cannot find the original cover for the DVD or for ones that simply don't exist.

To those that have done this...What software are you using? I have seen tons of cd/dvd labelers, etc...but, how do I capture the needed text or image to start the process.

I know how to capture an image from a movie, what I don't know is how to just get the text or a small image from the large one.

For example. I captured The Sopranos opening logo. How do I cut out just the text?

hickory
03-19-2003, 08:21 PM
I screwed this message up so please check your PM.

scarabus
03-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Photoshop is good for this sort of thing.
The trick is finding exactly what the measurements should be. I've measured inserts and then plugged those values into tools like Photoshop or MS Word, but when I printed them out the values didn't match. So it took a bit of trial and error to get the perfect fit.

captain_video
03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
I use CD Labeler Deluxe Edition for creating CD/DVD labels and jewel case liners. A lite version comes with the CD Stomper labeling kit. You can import whatever graphics you like as long as they're in a compatible format. I believe it accepts jpegs and bmps to name but a couple. It's an extremely easy program to use and it works with just about every type of CD label on the market. You can use readymade templates or create your own labels from scratch. You can add whatever text and fonts you like to make truly custom CD labels. The jewelcase liner templates have provisions for placing text along the spine for easy identification. CompUSA has the CD Stomper kits on sale all the time. They retail for $20 but CompUSA frequently has them on special with a $10 rebate. I like the label applicator better than any other one I've seen to date. It's sort of like a heavy-duty version of the old Neato applicators.