PDA

View Full Version : Now What to Do Next?

mikey
03-19-2003, 11:54 PM
I have finally gotten a .ty of my gxcebot via tivoweb and mfs_stream file onto my pc (win XP Pro @3.06GHZ and 1 GB ram).

What is the EASIEST way to go to a .mp2 or .vob?

What procedure yields the best video quality?

Is there a well written step by step how to that I have missed? I have read the stickys several times and am basicly just confused.

Thanks,
mikey

ronnythunder
03-20-2003, 03:50 AM
it depends. :)

do you want to cut commercials? if not, the easiest way (imho):

ty -> tydemux -> ifoedit -> nero -> dvd

this process is guaranteed to not lose video quality (there's no software capable of transcoding or resampling), and is pretty straightforward.

ronny

mikey
03-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks ronny.
Two more question and I'm ready to begin wasting hours in front of the computer.

If I wanted to edit commercials (I do) using WinProducer3, as I already own it, would I insert it before or instead of nero or infoedit?

(imho): ?

thanks
Michael

mw2000
04-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by mikey
Thanks ronny.
Two more question and I'm ready to begin wasting hours in front of the computer.

If I wanted to edit commercials (I do) using WinProducer3, as I already own it, would I insert it before or instead of nero or infoedit?

(imho): ?

thanks
Michael

I don't know WinProducer. There are two ways I use to edit out commercials.

The first method is by downloading the ty file with tytools and then putting it through GOP Editor.

The second method is to use tytools to mux the files and then put the resulting mpeg into tmpgenc to cut out the commercials.

After both methods you can use tmpgenc to demux the files and then use ifoedit.