PDA

View Full Version : .mpg problems - authoring DVDs Pr.Sinister method

thor240z
03-20-2003, 02:14 PM
i'm using TyTools6r3, and i extract in tystream mode & DBL socket & Standard Mux output. I then generate the keyfile & use GOPeditor to make the cuts. Then I multiplex the file. The .m2v file I rename to .mpg, and it works fine on the PC.

My problem is when I try to author in DVDWS or DVDMF. Following the Pr.Sinister method, some extractions work fine, and others don't. I get the 'stream is not compliant' error. It is not consistent for all tystreams, and I can not find a common denominator for the "bad" tystreams/mpgs.

I've double checked that I did the proper patching with DVDPatcher 105b.

I've also tried using Tytool to 'process file' to get a .m2v and .mpa. However TMPGEnc 2.510.49.157 also complains about the video file if I try to reencode it to 720x480. Simple Mux does appear to do something, but it will still give the 'stream is not compliant' error in DVDWS or DVDMF.

Is it possible that the tystream was not extracted properly from the tivo to PC?

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks.

Pr.Sinister
03-20-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by thor240z
i'm using TyTools6r3, and i extract in tystream mode & DBL socket & Standard Mux output. I then generate the keyfile & use GOPeditor to make the cuts. Then I multiplex the file. The .m2v file I rename to .mpg, and it works fine on the PC.

My problem is when I try to author in DVDWS or DVDMF. Following the Pr.Sinister method, some extractions work fine, and others don't. I get the 'stream is not compliant' error. It is not consistent for all tystreams, and I can not find a common denominator for the "bad" tystreams/mpgs.

I've double checked that I did the proper patching with DVDPatcher 105b.

I've also tried using Tytool to 'process file' to get a .m2v and .mpa. However TMPGEnc 2.510.49.157 also complains about the video file if I try to reencode it to 720x480. Simple Mux does appear to do something, but it will still give the 'stream is not compliant' error in DVDWS or DVDMF.

Is it possible that the tystream was not extracted properly from the tivo to PC?

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks.

First off, are you on a DTiVo or SA TiVo? If you are in SA TiVo,
you would need to upsample the audio to 48 KHz before going
to DVD Workshop.

-Pr.

thor240z
03-20-2003, 05:34 PM
sorry, forgot to mention...

DSR6K Directivo unit with 2.5.1 connected with a crossover cable direct to a PC running Win XP Pro.