PDA

View Full Version : Series 2 development tools?

geowar
03-20-2003, 05:25 PM
Does anyone out there have gcc, etc. built to run on the series 2's? I would prefer Mac OS X xcompiler but I can "get by" with native. Thx.

mrblack51
03-20-2003, 05:40 PM
http://tivo.archaic-apples.com/

there is a set of PPC cross compilation stuff there for the S2. i was able to successfully build cross compiler stuff for my RH8 box by modifying the build_mips_x_compiler.sh script so that it used a couple different versions than what it was setup for initially

geowar
03-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Steves site has a lot of good stuff but I wasn't able to get the build_mips_x_compiler.sh script to ever complete (unually aborted while building the libc stuff). I'm a Mac guru but just (re)learning all the UNIX stuff (boy things have changed in 20 years!). ;-)

I was hoping that someone had ether already built everything for Mac OS X or native for running on the series 2 boxes.

Thx. for the reply.

mrblack51
03-20-2003, 07:36 PM
sounds like you are having a similar problem to what i had. go to the ftp site for the gnu stuff, and pick a version a little newer than each of the tar.gz files that it downloads (ie: binutils-2.2.5 -> 2.2.8). modify the script to use that, and you should be good to go.

course, i would be happy to setup a cross compile environment for the mac OSX, all i need is a mac OSX box. if someone wants to send me one, lemme know =)

TheHern
05-04-2003, 03:54 PM
I can't get to that web site...is there a mirror anywhere? I'm trying to get my x-compile environment up...

thanx