PDA

View Full Version : Adding video sources for extraction

MannyL
03-20-2003, 05:41 PM
I was trying to use my VCR on Composite In as a source to record from so I could then extract the video to the pc. I messed something up and now have three program sources

Source (1) Cable without Box
Source Input (1) Coax RF In (This is correct)

Source (2) Cable without Box
Source Input (2) Coax RF In (This does not exist)

Source (3) Satelite Box, IR
Source Input (3) Composite Video, L/R Audio (What I want for the VCR)

How do I fix this?

captain_video
03-20-2003, 06:53 PM
If you plan on extracting video from a VCR you'd probably be better off getting a video capture card and feeding the output of the VCR directly to your PC. The capture card should convert the audio and video input to an mpeg format that you can edit and burn to DVD without any of the hijinks we have to perform on a tystream to make it compliant. Since you're using a VCR as your source, picture quality probably won't be much different using either method.

How did you get three input sources set up on your Tivo? I don't understand how you could specify two RF inputs when a SA Tivo only has one (at least they did when I used to own an HDR112). I'd recommend going through the setup again to specify the correct inputs.

MannyL
03-20-2003, 07:20 PM
I was following a guide I forget from where a while ago on how to record from line-in on a stand alone and I finally have the time to fix this. I don't want to put a capture card in the pc because I also want this content on the TiVo.

I've tried running TiVo's setup and choosed Cable no box but it still doesn't clear the other entries and I have unwatched shows so I don't want to wipe the whole box

el jefe
03-21-2003, 05:51 PM
This sounds familiar, I kinda remember this happenning to me before, but I didn't try to hack anything it just happened somehow.
You might want to try re-running guided setup, that should leave your programs intact and will let you set up the input sources again.
I don't think that fixed mine, but it was the first thing I tried.

MannyL
03-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Tried re-running Guided Setup that didn't solve anything