PDA

View Full Version : ty extraction/editing/insertion

A.C.
03-22-2003, 11:42 PM
I've read/donesome extraction from my DTiVo, and must say, that the tools this forum puts out are really nice. Thanks for that to start off with. I've done some searching about re-insertion of ty streams and most to all of what I've seen deals with SA. What I have seen is editing ty streams and then reinsertion. What I'd like to know is if it's possible to extract a stream, edit it and cut out commercials, (gopeditor), and then re-insert the stream back into a DTiVo?

captain_video
03-22-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure that's been tried yet since editing commercials requires that the ty file be muxed somewhere along the line. Perhaps with some of the latest tools by olaf and jdiner this might be a possibility. The files have to be reinserted in tmf format. Check the ongoing thread for mfs_ftp for info on inserting shows back to a Tivo drive or transferring them between Tivos.

AlphaWolf
03-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Can't do it, you would have to rebuild the master chunk based on the new cuts. The master chunk is the only reason we can't make our own tystreams right now. It must be reverse engineered first before anything of this nature can be done.