PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong? Arrrgggg!!!!!

Govnah
03-24-2003, 03:07 AM
I have been trying to create a DVD for a month and just about to give up, but thought I would ask one more question. This is my process.

1. DTIVO w/ TYSTUDIO installed.
2. Extract TY stream w/ TYStudio and then process the TY file to DVD(which creates a mpg file) and audio to no via TYStudio.
3. Patch mpg file w/ DVDpatcher 1.05.b to 352. Close DVDPatcher
4. Launch DVD WS version 1.2 import file and create a Video_TS folder.

Here is the problem, when creating the Video_TS folder DVD WS is taking approx 4 hours to do this. The mpg file is only 1.6gb. Is this normal? Do I need to upgrade DVD WS or am I missing something else.

Also, when I patch the mpg file with DVDpatcher to 352 and then import into DVD WS and preview the picture is pushed to the right and I get huge black pixelation on the right, but If do not patch and import into DVD WS and preview it looks fine. I would appreciate any advice as I have readand read and tried everything. Wasting all this DVD media is getting expensive.

TIA

Pr.Sinister
03-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Govnah
I have been trying to create a DVD for a month and just about to give up, but thought I would ask one more question. This is my process.

1. DTIVO w/ TYSTUDIO installed.
2. Extract TY stream w/ TYStudio and then process the TY file to DVD(which creates a mpg file) and audio to no via TYStudio.
3. Patch mpg file w/ DVDpatcher 1.05.b to 352. Close DVDPatcher
4. Launch DVD WS version 1.2 import file and create a Video_TS folder.

Here is the problem, when creating the Video_TS folder DVD WS is taking approx 4 hours to do this. The mpg file is only 1.6gb. Is this normal? Do I need to upgrade DVD WS or am I missing something else.

Also, when I patch the mpg file with DVDpatcher to 352 and then import into DVD WS and preview the picture is pushed to the right and I get huge black pixelation on the right, but If do not patch and import into DVD WS and preview it looks fine. I would appreciate any advice as I have readand read and tried everything. Wasting all this DVD media is getting expensive.

TIA

You have to patch to 3.5 MBit also instead of the 15 MBit it's at now.

You don't have to burn it to DVD... Just make the VIDEO_TS folder
and see how long it takes. Shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

Then you can test it without burning with PowerDVD

-Pr.

lijewski42
03-24-2003, 11:24 AM
I also have have problems when trying to create the DVD/DVD files; jerky video. I have used the info on the forums (dvdpatcher, tystudio, etc.).
I can make an acceptable DVD/vob file(s) from non-DTivo sources. The muxed DTivo files play just fine with PowerDVD.

Once I use Ulead Video Studio or Workshop to process the DTivo mpeg file, the resultant file displays uneven motion every few seconds. :( I have tried the process aon two different computers.

Is there a problem with codecs I have installed?

Any sugestions?

BTW thanks to all who are developing the software tools!

Govnah
03-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Pr.Sinister I am patching the first header to 352x480 and 3.5mbit w/ the same results. Do I need to patch the whole file? Also, once you patch w/ DVDPatcher do you close DVDPatcher and then launch DVD WS or leave DVDPatcher running. This is driving me nutz!!!!!! Why is DVD WS taking so long to create the folder? Could it be the codecs?

bato
03-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Govnah:
If you have version 1.2 without any patch then there is your problem, you need to install the DWS sync patch at least, or use version 1.3.

lijewski42:
The resultant file do you use PowerDVD to see it? or the uneven motion every few seconds is in another software? In my case the test in Ulead tools don't work right, the final VOBs play ok in PowerDVD and then in my DVD player no problem.

Govnah
03-25-2003, 01:32 AM
I can not find the patch 1.3 for DVD WS. I guess they pulled it. Is there another place to dload the file from?

TIA

bato
03-25-2003, 01:37 AM
check DVD WS thread for a link to download dws_sync patch.

olaf_sc
03-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Ahh which leads me to two questions :).

This dvd patcher - if I get it right all it does is setting the bitrate of the video and the resolution.

Two questions comes to mind since we could do this in tystudio instead.

Do we need to patch all SEQ headers to e.g. 352x480 or 720x480? Which one is the prefered?

Secondly since we do a full scan of the tystream we could very easily add a func to find out what the real bit rate is. This will serve to purposes 1: Tell us if it's possible at all to mux this tystream as a "DVD" compiant stream - (ty)mplex will die if the real bit rate is two high. 2: Remove the need of patching the bit rate.

Cheers Olaf

BubbleLamp
03-25-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by olaf_sc

This dvd patcher - if I get it right all it does is setting the bitrate of the video and the resolution.

Do we need to patch all SEQ headers to e.g. 352x480 or 720x480? Which one is the prefered?

Secondly since we do a full scan of the tystream we could very easily add a func to find out what the real bit rate is. This will serve to purposes 1: Tell us if it's possible at all to mux this tystream as a "DVD" compiant stream - (ty)mplex will die if the real bit rate is two high. 2: Remove the need of patching the bit rate.

Cheers Olaf

My tests with patching to 720x480 caused problems in DVDWS, since the actual video data is 480x480. You end up with black edges. If you patch it to 352x480, it seems happier. Of course this is DTivo, the SA's are different.

The bit rate DVDWS can handle maxes out at slightly over 8K if you try to change in using the Custom option. If you create your own template, I think you can enter 15K. Not sure if it really can handle that high.

lijewski42
03-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by bato

lijewski42:
The resultant file do you use PowerDVD to see it? or the uneven motion every few seconds is in another software? In my case the test in Ulead tools don't work right, the final VOBs play ok in PowerDVD and then in my DVD player no problem. [/B]

Yes I use PowerDVD XP, but I have tried others with the same jerky video result. If I burn a DVD it plays with the same jerky video in all my stand alone DVD palyers. Is it posible that the Ty file has been damaged during the download, but not enough to show up prior to transcoding by Ulead?

BTW thanks for the help!

Kevin

bato
03-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by lijewski42
Yes I use PowerDVD XP, but I have tried others with the same jerky video result. If I burn a DVD it plays with the same jerky video in all my stand alone DVD palyers. Is it posible that the Ty file has been damaged during the download, but not enough to show up prior to transcoding by Ulead?

BTW thanks for the help!

Kevin
If the product transcode or reencode the video I don't know what will happen, because we fake resolution to 352x480 I guess it will mess the encoding, so you better make sure the whole process takes 15min tops, to make sure it is not reencoding things.

bato
03-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by olaf_sc

Yep, that's all.

No, only the first header so we can import it into Moviefactory2/Workshop/Maestro. I always patch to 352x480@3.5 for Moviefactory2/Workshop (mux) and 720x480 for Maestro (elemental). In MF2/WS we use the video patched, compile to folder the DVD, patch back (in my case ALL headers for the VOBs if multiple episode) and then burn, so the steps are patch/import/compile/patch back/burn. In Maestro is the classic patch/import/exit/patch back/compile. In my case if I patch to 352x480 in Maestro an error show and the app is closed.

Cheers Olaf
So you will end releasing another app to patch files, because 1) dvdpatcher patch bitrate, options are 3.5Mbit, 8Mbit, 15Mbit and custom, is easier to patch to one preset than to change the custom every time, 2) we need to patch back the resulting VOBs in MF2/WS or the original file prior to compile (Maestro). 3) even if your output is a patched mpg we need to patch it back to make it work in most DVD players.