PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Ws ?

Govnah
03-24-2003, 06:39 PM
I am using Ulead DVD WS version 1.2 to create a Video_TS folder from a mpg created with TYSTUDIO. The issue that I am having is two fold. If I import into DVD WS w/ out patching and preview it plays fine, but If I patch the mpg w/ DVDPatcher to 352x480 3.5mbit and preview the image is pushed to the right and I get pixealtion on the right as well. The Video_TS dir creation is taking 4+ hours to create. Can anyone shed any light on the issues?

TIA

BubbleLamp
03-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Govnah
I am using Ulead DVD WS version 1.2 to create a Video_TS folder from a mpg created with TYSTUDIO. The issue that I am having is two fold. If I import into DVD WS w/ out patching and preview it plays fine, but If I patch the mpg w/ DVDPatcher to 352x480 3.5mbit and preview the image is pushed to the right and I get pixealtion on the right as well. The Video_TS dir creation is taking 4+ hours to create. Can anyone shed any light on the issues?

TIA

If you don't patch the MPG files, it will transcode, hence the 4 hours. Don't worry about what they look like during the creation phase, it will be resolved in the step below.

You need to patch the .VOB files after you create them in DVDWS back to 480x480 or they will look funny.

Govnah
03-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Bubblelamp thank for the reply but, it doesn't matter if I patch the first header or not. DVD WS still takes like 4 hours to create the directories. What is going on here any ideas. Could I be doing something wrong w/ DVDPatcher. Hell I know it's simple. I am using version 1.05B and I patch first header only to 352 and 3.5mbit and then close DVDPatcher, but DVD WS still takes for ever!!! Arrgggggg

Also, could the problem be with my mpg file that I created w/ TYStudio. All I di is download the ty stream via TYStudio and then create an mpg file w/ TYstudio by selecting the file - Video to DVD and Audio to No. Thats it and it plays fine w/ WMP.

TIA

BubbleLamp
03-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Bubblelamp thank for the reply but, it doesn't matter if I patch the first header or not. DVD WS still takes like 4 hours to create the directories. What is going on here any ideas. Could I be doing something wrong w/ DVDPatcher. Hell I know it's simple. I am using version 1.05B and I patch first header only to 352 and 3.5mbit and then close DVDPatcher, but DVD WS still takes for ever!!! Arrgggggg

Also, could the problem be with my mpg file that I created w/ TYStudio. All I di is download the ty stream via TYStudio and then create an mpg file w/ TYstudio by selecting the file - Video to DVD and Audio to No. Thats it and it plays fine w/ WMP.

TIA

No idea about tyStudio, but you might want to try tytool on the same file, just to see.

AFAIK, the big things that force DVDWS to transcode are:

Incompatible video (DVDPatcher handles this.)

Bit rate chosen must be bigger than the file really is. (When you go to settings, try 4000.)

Audio, must be set to variable. (I leave this at 224k, even though the stream is 192k.)

I've seen some messages about needing version 1.3, but Ulead pulled that update for the time being.

bato
03-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Did you install DWS_SYNC-Patch (ftp://ftp.ulead.com/pub/Updates/DVDWorkShop/DWS_SYNC-Patch.exe) ?

I think Immo installed this file and then was able to create with Workshop 1.2 without problems, read about it here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=89393&#post89393)

It's on page 14 (standard forum outpu) from the Pr.Sinister started thread about using Moviefactory2 with vsplitmux output.

BTW tyStudio is not the problem here, Workshop is. You can download Moviefactory2 and test with it (no need for the sync patch) and it will work ok.

BubbleLamp
03-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Heh Bato, any idea what the DWS_13_G_Patch or DWS_13_TC_Patch files are for in this (ftp://ftp.ulead.com/pub/Updates/DVDWorkShop/) DVDWS ftp folder? They're pretty damn big.

bato
03-25-2003, 01:33 AM
No idea, I just saw those the other day, when I read they pulled the 1.3 update patch. The date is from January this year so they are not that old, but they are big.

And the strange thing is that ftp2 only have dws_sync patch.

Let's wait a little longer for the official 1.3 patch (hope for 1.4 with many fixes).

Govnah
03-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Bubblelamp I dloaded one of the 1.3 files and it is the 1.3 patch and it solved my problem, but the down side is that it changed DVD WS to German. The other is Chinese.

BubbleLamp
03-25-2003, 02:04 AM
Bubblelamp I dloaded one of the 1.3 files and it us the 1.3 patch and it solved my problem, but the down size is that it changed DVD WS to German.

I think we just found out what the G in DWS_13_G_Patch stands for.:eek:

newlooper
03-25-2003, 10:21 AM
I have the 1.3 english patch if there is a place to put it. Really depends on why they pulled it.

Govnah
03-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Newlooper you have a PM.

Govnah
03-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Newlooper Thanks!!!!!!!

lijewski42
03-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Ok, I have been using DVDWS 1.0 and then 1.2 (1.2 has been flakey too!). SO it appears that 1.3 may solve my problems.

While I wait for 1.3 patch, is there a particular version of DVDFactory I should try?

Thanks,
Kevin

bato
03-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by lijewski42
Ok, I have been using DVDWS 1.0 and then 1.2 (1.2 has been flakey too!). SO it appears that 1.3 may solve my problems.

While I wait for 1.3 patch, is there a particular version of DVDFactory I should try?

Thanks,
Kevin
You need Moviefactory 2. Check first post in this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21728) thread