PDA

View Full Version : TyStudio & OS -- [POLL]

Hobby
03-25-2003, 03:03 PM
A question has come up and I though that maybe a poll is the answer

This is for people who are experiencing the following problem with TyStudio:

You CAN get the NowShowing List but CANNOT extract or edit remotely.

What OS are you using and are you using a Static (Direct) ip

NOTE: If you had this problem and found a way to correct it - please post your findings along with your OS and Turbonet setup.

BubbleLamp
03-25-2003, 03:10 PM
What the heck is a direct IP?

Hobby
03-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
What the heck is a direct IP?

Those who are using a cross-over cable in lieu of a router.

03-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Hobby PMFJI but I assume direct IP means static IP (hardcoding the IP address of the Tivo) vs DHCP (allowing the router to assign the IP address).

Further the problems with WIN XP seems to be with SP1 and not with XP home vs XP PRO.

Can you extract with other tools? Does your tivo have a unique IP address? Did you configure your tivo to look for a DHCP server?

Hobby
03-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by newbie
Hobby PMFJI but I assume direct IP means static IP (hardcoding the IP address of the Tivo) vs DHCP (allowing the router to assign the IP address).

Further the problems with WIN XP seems to be with SP1 and not with XP home vs XP PRO.

Can you extract with other tools? Does your tivo have a unique IP address? Did you configure your tivo to look for a DHCP server?

I can extract with Tytool, I have a unique address on my TiVo - I am not having any problem at all with the exception of not being able to extrtact with TyStudio (Extract to PC or Edit Remotely).

irrelevant
03-25-2003, 06:13 PM
If you can ping your tivo by ip address, but not by the name "tivo" then all you need to do is set up that translation "tivo" -> ip address in a host file.

I replied with instructions to your similar question in another thread here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=91105#post91105)

Hobby
03-25-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by irrelevant
If using 'tivo' as an address doesn't find your tivo, the quickest thing to do to make it do so is set up a "hosts" file.

at a msdos prompt (start>run>"command")

For windows 9x:
echo "192.168.0.19 tivo" >>c:\windows\hosts

for windows NT / 2K / XP
echo "192.168.0.19 tivo" >>c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

replace my ip address with actual address of your tivo
if windows is somewhere else (xp might use c:\windows\) replace as appropriate.

for Linux/Unix, edit /etc/hosts as appropriate.

Check afterwards with "ping tivo"

btw - amazing program, everyone! Only had it barf on one .ty so far, but that's one I've had kicking about for over a year, and I have no idea what I extracted it with..

Rob

Hey irrelevant

I did this - Thanks - I can now see the NowShowing List using the word TiVo in the box (btw - I could always see the NowShowing List - but I had to type in the Tivo static address first), But I still cannot extract or edit remotely.

Any suggestions?

--Hobby--

nfg2u
03-25-2003, 10:13 PM
What about those of us using Linux? I feel left out!
Well I have a crappy windows machine too!
:rolleyes:

Hobby
03-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by nfg2u
What about those of us using Linux? I feel left out!
Well I have a crappy windows machine too!
:rolleyes:

Sorry Man - You are so right

I'd help you, But I can't even help myself

--Hobby--

mangotango
03-26-2003, 10:23 PM
WinXP Pro SP1, static ip, can get NowShowing data however i can only extrtact with TyStudio (Extract to PC or Edit Remotely) 1 out of every 5 shows.

Wen trying remotely I get the error "failed to open the selected show" or when trying to copy to pc... the box that pops up saying "copying files from Tivo" but there is no network traffic and no progress shows.

Then again the 1 in 5 show works perfect.....
Go figure??????

nfg2u
03-26-2003, 11:45 PM
The linux version works great for me, I only have trouble with the 500mb limit that has only affected a few of us, two that I know of. On the xp machine I can download then process, but I can't process on the fly I get a reboot everytime. Linux is really maturing anyone that has been sitting on the fence should jump in the water! It't great and it's really helped on the tivo side.. I learned a lot with my linux machine over the last few years!
Just rambling .. its getting late.. time for a beer and bed! :)

mangotango
03-27-2003, 10:27 AM
upon further review. It seems that i can only download/work with shows that have a 6 digit fsid. Whenever i try to work with 5 digit one, i get an error or the download hangs....

Tor
03-29-2003, 06:53 PM
I am running Win 2K Service Pack 3. My tivo has a static IP. I have fsids that are both 6 digits and 7 digits and I can download none of them. None of my programs show up as indexed. Hope this helps