PDA

View Full Version : dissassembler

jfkjfk
03-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Had a S2 for a month or so now.. Got bash and have anaylsed rc.sysinit and think I know what Im looking for.. Can someone point me i the direction of a readily available dissassembler.. Ive tried a version of IDA but when I try to select the MIPS environments it says "IDA kernal and IDP module are not compatible and gives me errors" anyhow.. Anyhow if someone could help me find a working MIPS dissassembler that would be fantastic..

THanks..

jfkjfk

mrblack51
03-31-2003, 01:10 AM
not all versions of IDA support mips. make sure your version has mips available to it. once there, you want to be using mipsb (big endian) to disassemble

billisnow
04-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi,
I seem to be in the same place JFKJFK. I have got bash and a few other things working. And have done some poking around and think I know what to do. The problem is that I can't find a diassembler to use. I have downloaded an earlier version of IDA PRO (3.7) which will not do the job. I have been to their web sight and tryed to download the free evaluation copy (4.5) but it just takes me to a non-working page.
Does anyone know where I can get a working copy of this program or can someone suggest another readly available MIPS diassembler that I can use? Or a hint or advise on which direction to look....
I am kinda new to this Have done alot of reading. Don't mind the work just need a little direction.

Thanks goes out to MRBLACK51 and all the others on this board that have brought me this far......

geowar
04-11-2003, 11:39 AM
google nachos or levosim. There's also <www.mips.com>; Their YAMON source includes a MIPS disassembler.