PDA

View Full Version : Playing extracted audio in my car!

junkyardpizza
03-31-2003, 10:28 PM
Maybe someone can help me. I am extracting hockey (and now baseball) games at night and putting them on CD to listen to in the morning. With a little dicipline not to find out the outcome beforehand, it makes a long drive to and from work go faster!

It works great, however, I would like to cut the M2V or MP3 file into smaller files so that I can jump ahead at, say, 10 minutes at a time. Im relatively new to this and have not come across a utility that does this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

FreydNot
03-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Check out http://www.webspeakster.com/mp3chopper.htm

I think it will do exactly what you want.

captain_video
04-01-2003, 09:20 AM
I use Cool MP3 Splitter and it works great. All you have to do is download your ty file from the Tivo and split it using TyTool or Tydemux. Convert the audio file to wav or directly to mp3 using a conversion utility. There are recommended utilities in other threads but I'll let you do the search since I've never used them myself. If you do a search on the web for mp3 utilities you'll find a ton of them. Cool MP3 Splitter can then be used to cut up the MP3 files into smaller segments. You can also use any wav editor if you decide to keep the file in wav format.

junkyardpizza
04-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Thats funny, I just downloaded Cool MP3 Splitter prior to your post. It appealed to me because it can split the files every X seconds. When I'm listening to a baseball game, every 5 minutes should work for me:) Thanks Captain!