PDA

View Full Version : Size issue using DVD Workshop

bds42
04-01-2003, 11:15 AM
I've used TyStudio beta 2 to extract some shows (DVD/Non audio transcoding). Then I patched the headers with DVDPatcher. Then imported into DVD WS.

Now the problem: If I import a 650MB show and then make a menu and go to create the image, it says that it'll take 1.3GB on disk.

Am I doing something wrong in DVD WS? At this rate I'd only be able to get 3 1hr shows (with commercials removed) on a DVD.

Thanks for any help,

bds42

bato
04-01-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm guessing you have a Dtivo (DVD/Non audio trancoding).

Yep, Workshop is telling you that it will re-encode your video, that's why the increase.

Things you need to check:
- patched to 35x480@3.5mbit
- Workshop 1.3 patched (patch now available)
- download Moviefactory2 trial and test if the same thing happens
- check this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21728) for more info

if you follow the step by step posted there, you don't need step 6 and 7 (TMPGEnc).

bds42
04-01-2003, 03:26 PM
So I'm at version 1.3. Do I still need a patch on top of that? Is it the 'sync' patch? Would not having that cause my mpgs to be re-encoded? Yes this is from a DTivo.

Pr.Sinister
04-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by bds42
So I'm at version 1.3. Do I still need a patch on top of that? Is it the 'sync' patch? Would not having that cause my mpgs to be re-encoded? Yes this is from a DTivo.

When choosing clicking on Make Disc, do you customize it or
do you choose one that's already there? You should customize
or at least save your own quality settings.

Make sure you choose 352x480, Variable, 8000, MPEG Audio

If that doesn't work, try 9000

-Pr.

bds42
04-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Okay...I found my problem. I had checked on 'Build Disk image' as well as make directories. THAT's why it told me it was gonna take twice as much disk space.

Sorry for wasting time...maybe this'll help someone else with the same problem.

Bds42

Pr.Sinister
04-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bds42
Okay...I found my problem. I had checked on 'Build Disk image' as well as make directories. THAT's why it told me it was gonna take twice as much disk space.

Sorry for wasting time...maybe this'll help someone else with the same problem.

Bds42

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D