PDA

View Full Version : pay per view

illfos
04-01-2003, 08:55 PM
you know this weird thing has been happening with my tivo. it seems to be taping things on pay per view. i guess it is ordering it and than taping it. i have lifetime but i have a legal card. so what i am asking if anyone knows is after a while will the card fill up and will i need to contact direct tv. And another thing why is it ordering pay per view if i don't ask it to? ok thanks

BubbleLamp
04-01-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by illfos
you know this weird thing has been happening with my tivo. it seems to be taping things on pay per view. i guess it is ordering it and than taping it. i have lifetime but i have a legal card. so what i am asking if anyone knows is after a while will the card fill up and will i need to contact direct tv. And another thing why is it ordering pay per view if i don't ask it to? ok thanks

Doesn't happen that way. If it isn't you, then someone in your house is ordering the shows.

mrblack51
04-01-2003, 10:02 PM
if you are a legit subscriber, your directv receiver will call in and report your pay per view purchases. If your unit doesnt have the phone line plugged in, eventually it wont let you purchase ppvs anymore.

why your unit is purchasing ppvs? not sure

illfos
04-03-2003, 07:16 AM
no body in my house besides me. so the tivo is ordering pay per view. and if it doesn't let me order payper view anymore basically there is no way to come back from that unless i get a new card from direct tv or get mine cleared. jesus that sucks. how do i make it stop automatically taping pay per view?

captain_video
04-03-2003, 10:00 AM
You might try turning of Tivo's Suggestions if you haven't already done so. I've never heard of a DTivo ordering PPVs without operator intervention since the order has to be confirmed via remote. It sounds like you're getting midnite visits from the PPV Fairy or a band of renegade elves.

illfos
04-03-2003, 06:11 PM
hahhaahhaha yo that might be it. i also have been missing some socks and a couple of pairs of underwear. yo i am so gonna try that tivo suggestion thing i bet thats it. thanks a lot.