PDA

View Full Version : DVD WS Templates

VideoJoe
04-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Extracted MPEGs from TyStudio can be imported into DVD workshop, but it won't make a DVD without re-encoding the video. Is there any way to force DVDWS to accept 480 x 480 MPEGs? I tried creating a custom template, but 480 x 480 is not on the drop list. Can this be added? When I use DVD patcher and changed to 352 x 480 the video is streched and I had trouble adding chapters. I better solution would be to modify DVD workshop.

captain_video
04-03-2003, 09:03 AM
There's a long thread that deals with using DVD Workshop and DVD Movie Factory. Don't worry about what the video looks like when viewing it in DVDWS. It should look fine during playback from your DVD. You only need to patch the first header of the main VOB files to 352X480.

VideoJoe
04-03-2003, 10:37 AM
I have been following the other thread and had some success with it. But if workshop could be made to work directly with TyStudio files, it would be a better solution. Could DVD workshop be patched to make this work?

Pete Ruttman
04-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Can anyone get ty files that have been demuxed into elemental streams and the audio upsampled to 48000 to work without encoding in DVD WS?

I can mplex the elementals together and patch the header and have DVD WS make the VIDEO_TS without any encoding but if I have elemental streams it always wants to reencode the audio.

I have used besweet and tystudio's transcode to make the audio 48000 but DVD WS still doesn't think it is right.

pete

VideoJoe
04-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Almost had it ..... I tried getting around the re-encoder function by patching the headers after opening the make disk menu. I imported 480 x 480 files into workshop added menus and chapters that were not streched. It started to process the VOBs, menu and chapters, but sadly it gave up, saying that some chapter points exceeded the last frame. I think this method would work if I could figure why I get this error or didn't use any chapters.

I hope DVD Lab is released soon....

VideoJoe
04-08-2003, 06:09 PM
I just posted to Ulead Web Board, maybe someone knows how to customize WS templates and turn off the compliant file check.