PDA

View Full Version : Philips DSR6000 not getting signal

Jmaas
04-05-2003, 12:23 AM
My Philips stopped getting a satelite signal on both inputs. I tried a different reciever and it aquires fine. I opened it up and below the original harddrive low and behold there are 2 melted chips. I assume this is the problem. Anyone have any ideas about how to get a new motherboard for this...or will it be cheaper to just buy another one? Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue before?

captain_video
04-07-2003, 09:20 AM
Wow, Tivo meltdown! I've never seen this one before. Unless you have an extended warranty on your DTivo then you'll probably be better off replacing it with a new unit. Sony is the only manuafacturer that will sell replacement parts for a DTivo. I believe someone priced out a replacement mainboard from Sony and they wanted something like $684.00 for it! You might try looking in the For Sale forum here or look on ebay for a barebones DTivo (i.e. no drives) or one with the infamous powering up problem. Chances are the mainboard is OK in these units as most problems seem to be bad hard drives, crappy cable connections, or dying or dead power supplies.