PDA

View Full Version : utv going ivac after a day

focodelic
04-05-2003, 08:32 AM
my utv unit works fine except for the fact it will go ivac after no set time but usually will stay on for a day then crap out around 1:30 pm till 4p.m.. the wierd part about it is all i have to do is pull the card out a lil bit then put it back in and it is good for another day or an hour there s really no telling. any help or suggestions i would really appreciate. thanks

focodelic
04-07-2003, 09:10 PM
anyone have any ideas? i have read just about every forum i can find. i will appreciate any help.

phyberoptic
04-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Hey man did you try putting a small pc fan in the back and keeping it cool maybe that might be an issue cause when you pull the cord you might be letting whatever heats up cool down just a thought .

lord_oberon
04-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Alright i have the same problem it seems to have something to do with the power when i turn my tv off or on i gives me the error message "your access card has expired please insert your new access card" then i just pull the card out and put it back in and voilat it works just fine, verry wierd I'm in the process of isolating the problem as we speak. will keep you posted when i find something.

phyberoptic
04-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Well for some reason everything in my life is f#$ked up one way or another but i have to say i have not had np with my utv at all. Hopefully my utv does'nt mess up after this post lol.

focodelic
04-17-2003, 06:05 PM
sorry to say but i am not the only one with this problem. i tried the fan and i still have the same problem. i was thinking about putting a larger harddrive to increase my recording capabilities. i was just wondering if anyone thinks that will correct the problem.

phyberoptic
04-17-2003, 06:13 PM
MAYBE IT WILL DEFFANITLY A CHANGE I CAN TELL YOU THAT

ronmojohny
04-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Did you try cleaning the contacts on the card with a soft eraser? sounds like bad/dirty connections

phyberoptic
04-19-2003, 10:28 AM
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT YOU CAN ALSO TAKE A PEICE OF CARDBOARD AND INSERT AND TAKE IT OUT A FEW TIME NICE AND FAST !!!!!!

focodelic
05-12-2003, 09:43 PM
well my UTV died today. i guess it had more problems than i thought, thanks for all the info.

phyberoptic
05-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Well if you are interested in selling it let me know coronaqueenz@msn.com thanks or trade either way works for me lol