PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 is still being sent down.....

validbin
04-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Just did a 80G HD upgrade and 3.5 is still what they are sending down. Just so everyone knows, if you want to do a HD upgrade you are still safe as of this message.

3.7 still seems to be triggered by inserting and using a P4.

VaildBin

phyberoptic
04-15-2003, 01:30 AM
I would like to know how to open my utv. I looked at it and was gonna try but when i saw the front face plate i think to myself should i snap it out or what. So i said no lol . maybe I'll brake something please help me. Also can i add another harddrive or am i forced to swap ???????

for anyone who does help PICTURES are a plus lol thanks !!!!!!

validbin
04-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Don't snap the faceplate!

Take the screws off the back and the cover lifts off from the top. There are 3 small tabs on the front bottom that act like a hinge. So lift the back of the cover directly up and you will see how it comes appart. You may have to give it a small nudge with a screw driver but don't "force" anyhing.

ValidBin

validbin
04-15-2003, 01:04 PM
As for the hard drive, you will have to swap. Only mounting space for 1 drive.

ValidBin

phyberoptic
04-15-2003, 01:04 PM
im a little lost on how to open the plate you said from the top up ????? please explain a little better

validbin
04-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by phyberoptic
im a little lost on how to open the plate you said from the top up ????? please explain a little better

From the back of the uint. Take out the 4 small phillips screws that hold on the black cover.

The black cover comes off, including the faceplate as one peice. After you remove the screws, use your thumbs or a small screw driver to lif the black case directly up from the rear. It will hinge forward.

ValidBin

phyberoptic
04-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Oh ok cool thanks man i really like these forums man keep up the good work guys

klassic
04-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Just so no one is confused... there is only 2 philips screws that need to come out... along the top edge of the cover