PDA

View Full Version : getting Spruceup Maestro MovieFactory DVDWorkshop and others to accept 480 mpg output

snoopy
04-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know which ones we can patch to do this? I know spruceup is patchable but it seems to be a little out of date and has been discontinued.

sky12
04-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Spruceup and maestro are much the same beast and have both been patched.
Spruce is a little too simple for me though (can't have multiple episodes stream one to the other)
Maestro is a bit too the other way though, I think. It seems to be made for someone actually putting together a DVD, dumping it to tape and getting it mastered for the masses. The menu system looks as though you send the background out to the art dept to make up, then mark where the buttons are. (at least that was the impression I got when trying it)
The problem with movie factory and Workshop is that they actually don't mind the TiVo's resolution, they'll just happily redo the video into a proper form. Alot harder to patch that. (since there's no nice BAD RESOLUTION message to track in the code and jump around)

The one that's showing real promise is DVDlab.
From what I've tried, it's great to assembling the bits for a DVD, can make up all the links you want, any number of menus, all sorts of special effects I've not even gone near.
And the author's willing to work with TiVo folk to get it to work if it's possible. He's already loosened the resolution limit so we can import the streams, just have to figure out why no DVD comes out the other end. (I know, it's always something :) )
Oh yeah, the price is right for DVDlab, $70 intro price.
I'm usually a person that resists paying for software, but if the bugs can get fixed, I'll be willing to shell out for this one.

Greg

snoopy
04-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Thanks sky. That helps alot. Others feel free to chime in on this thread. I am interested in hearing what others have to say.

bato
04-06-2003, 06:26 PM
You can patch Maestro, info at this link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=91858)

I think Moviefactory and Workshop are too complex to have a patch like that.

I hope DVDlab will work with Dtivo files in the future.

sky12: to create menus for Maestro you can use DVD Menu Studio also from Oscar at mediachance, it's not that hard and the results are great.

Hobby
04-07-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by bato
You can patch Maestro, info at this link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=91858)

I think Moviefactory and Workshop are too complex to have a patch like that.

I hope DVDlab will work with Dtivo files in the future.

sky12: to create menus for Maestro you can use DVD Menu Studio also from Oscar at mediachance, it's not that hard and the results are great.

You can also use the feature in TyStudio "SAVE IMAGE AS.... (BMP)". Import this BMP into Maestro and use that as your menu background.

I like to use the title screen of the movie as my main menu.

--Hobby--