PDA

View Full Version : Good multi-show DVD's with Menu

snoopy
04-07-2003, 04:49 PM
My sole interest here is to provide the FASTEST METHOD for creating DVD's with menus. I would like to update this post regularly so please respond with corrections if needed.

TYStudio Method: (1 of 2 methods)

TYStudio>DVDPatcher>DVDWorkshop>DVDPatcher>Nero
So far cutting commercials seems somewhat problematic causing syncronozation issues.

Description:
1) Download the mpg using Tystudio

2) All you have to do is patch the header of the mpg file to 352x480 using DVD Patcher. Patching is necessary because this the only thing DVD Workshop can work with 'without' needing to transcode the video. This is a BIG time saver.

3) Then, simply output the DVD to folders using DVD Workshop.

4) Patch the headers of the VOB's back to 480x480 and burn the two folders created by DVD Workshop to a blank DVD with Nero, or any other burning software.

The Future:
DVD Lab has some promise to be able to work with 480x480 files from the DirecTivo without the need to transcode or patch them but it hasn't been released yet and pre-release versions haven't prooved viable. Until then, patching the files seems to work. At the current time you should be able to get at least 3-1 hour shows (just over a gig each) on a single DVD complete with a menu. DVD Lab promises an auto-chaptering feature that should be pretty neat down the road. I hope that helps.

TYTool Method (2nd Method)

TYTool>DVDPatcher>TMPGenc>DVDWorkshop>DVDPatcher>Nero

Add: Step 1a using mpg from TYTool. Simple mux using TMPGenc. I think there is a faster encoder than TMPGenc but I don't know what it is.

invader zog
04-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Either Tystudio or Tytool -> Component Streams (I prefer Tystudio so I can do some basic cutting)

Load into DVDmaestro (patched to accept 480x480 files)

Author away -- publish video_ts

Burn w/ Nero