PDA

View Full Version : Convertin to ty help

RedFx
04-09-2003, 07:47 PM
Is there anyway to take an mpeg2 or perhaps even a divx video and convert it into a ty file?

I'm looking at grabing video's and dumping them on my tivo with the mfs-ftp tool but I need a way to conver the video's to the ty format.

osetivo
04-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Whoa everyone!!!! He's new... :-)

OK, It's your first post. so Rule No. 1 is search before asking or some around here get testy, particularly with questions that are asked repeatedly. You happened to stumble across one such landmine. Really people hear are very helpful, you just need to meet them "part" of the way.

Back to business: The insertion of a non-tivo mpeg "can" be done. I don't know of anyone who is doing it regularly. (Correct me if I'm wrong) I think Riley, aka RC3105, described it as a real PITA. He's Da Man, or at least one of a few around here, and if he says it a PITA, well most don't even try.

If your adventurous, search for "ele2pestriple" and enjoy reading

Good luck and welcome.

EDIT Correct Typo

RedFx
04-09-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm reading up on it right now... I read all I could but couldn't find that specific info.

I'm pulling out and doing all sorts of conversions, but if only there was an easy way to convert back into ty format.

osetivo
04-09-2003, 08:42 PM
oops..mea culpa

it is spelled "ele2pestriple" Forgot the "2" Sorry