PDA

View Full Version : Downloading programs from Internet via TivoWeb?

rlindsley
04-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Hi there,

I am wondering if it's possible to download programs from the Internet via TivoWeb.

I can get to my TivoWeb from anywhere on the Internet. Also, I can download programs from my house with TivoWeb, but when I try to do it over the Internet, I get an error.

I would like to be able to get programs, and burn DVD's from work.

And yes, I have added a password to my TivoWeb :)

Thanks a lot!

Robert--

tlphipps
04-13-2003, 02:19 PM
If everything works internally, you probably just need to open up the transfer port for mfsstream. The default port number is 2000. You should just open it up in your router/firewall just like you opened port 80 for tivoweb.

Hedlit
04-17-2003, 11:38 AM
Check out this thread:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20901&highlight=mfsstream+AND+module

rlindsley
04-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for your replies. I think it might be a port issue. I think I just need to open up port 2000 and it should work.

My question is that if I open up port 2000, I will need a static IP for my Tivo. Right now it's running DHCP. How do I change it?

Thanks,

Robert--

linenoise
04-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Rlindsley,
Could you let me know what you used to password protect your tivoweb. I'm wanting to put mine online as well, but haven't figured out the best way to try to make it safe.

avhokie
04-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by rlindsley
My question is that if I open up port 2000, I will need a static IP for my Tivo. Right now it's running DHCP. How do I change it?

You should be able to assign an IP address based on the Tivo's MAC address.

rlindsley
04-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey guys,

Line Noise: If you add the following two lines to your tivoweb.cfg file, you will password protext your Tivo:

UserName = (Your username)
Passsword = (Your password)

Avhokie: I can't add a static IP address using the MAC address for the Tivo. My router (a Linksys) doesn't support it :(

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Robert--

avhokie
04-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Take a look at this (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101784) thread. Looks pretty easy.