PDA

View Full Version : Jagged White Lines

boboli
04-13-2003, 07:07 AM
I remember reading about this somewhere, but I can't recall enough of it to locate it via a search.
Using TYStudio (An awesome piece of software) I was able to pull a few shows off my Tivo. Processed them to MPG perfectly, audio and video in perfect sync.
The only problem is that that the very top, there are a few jagged white lines that run the length of the video across the top. Is there any way to prevent these or crop them out?
Also. Now that I have successfully gotten DVD quality video out of my Tivo, I want to start learning about burning DVDs. Can anyone recommend the best DVD software that allows you to make cool Menus and Chapters. Thanks
B

keith721
04-13-2003, 08:33 AM
if you plan on watching it on a television set - you'll never see them, as they're the closed caption information that's transmitted in the 'overscan' area. the only time you'll ever see this information is watching on a computer, almost absolutely never from a DVD player or on a standard NTSC broadcast television.

i'm not an expert, i've just quit worrying about it myself . . . :D :D

boboli
04-13-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by keith721
if you plan on watching it on a television set - you'll never see them, as they're the closed caption information that's transmitted in the 'overscan' area. the only time you'll ever see this information is watching on a computer, almost absolutely never from a DVD player or on a standard NTSC broadcast television.

i'm not an expert, i've just quit worrying about it myself . . . :D :D

Works for me
B