PDA

View Full Version : Audio Level

ibsleepn
04-13-2003, 09:00 AM
I have noticed when i started playing my tivo dvd's on my laptop with PowerDvd that the audio levels are not as loud as when i am playing a commercial dvd. There is even different levels between my tivo dvd's. Two of them so far a can barely even hear with the volume all the way up. Is there any way to increase the level before the importing the stream into spruce that won't lose sync?

Pulling from a dtivo with 2.5.2.

Was using tytool6r3 to split and import into spruce and burn with nero 5.5.10

now using tystudio to edit then split to elemental and import with spruce and burn with nero.

both ways i have low audio levels... Any help would be welcome.

ibsleepn.

BubbleLamp
04-13-2003, 12:19 PM
I see the same thing with PowerDVD, but if I play them with media player the audio is fine. I just figured it was a PowerDVD bug. Audio on my TV seems fine,

AlphaWolf
04-13-2003, 01:15 PM
PowerDVD does all kinds of crap with my audio controls for some reason. Namely, I like to keep the master volume mute so that the sound doesn't come out of my laptop speakers (its supposed to just come out of my stereo which is connected via the SPDIF port) but it always unmutes it and then adjusts the damn volume, and doesn't even put it back the way it found it when you close it.

Perhapse somebody knows of a way to lock the mixer settings so that PowerDVD can't touch it?

misato
04-13-2003, 01:59 PM
I use a Sigma Designs Hollywood DVD/Mpeg card to play back my MPEGs. The ones I extract are much lower volume levels than the ones I capture analog, normalize and re-encode. I think the bit stream from DTV just runs very low and relies on scaling in the Tivo/IRD to restore to reasonable levels.

That might be something to look into for a later version of TyEditor, once reliability issues with the current feature set are sorted out.

ibsleepn
04-13-2003, 05:34 PM
thanks for the replys.. I see the same thing when i play the tivo dvd's on a stand alone dvd player then play a commercial dvd. Nice to know i am not the only one who noticed it.. Anyone know of a program that will up the level in the audio stream before importing into spruce ?

thanks..