PDA

View Full Version : muxing recommendatiom

defsrg
04-13-2003, 03:28 PM
i have 2 ncaa games that i taped off march madness package from dtv.for some reason i had only tba for these paticuliar games so i had to tape them in 30 minute intervals manually.so i have 4 seperate ty's for one game. i have already edited them in tystudio and processed to 4 elemental streams.so what i would like to do is mux them all together so they are one big m2v amd m2a files.what would everyone recommend to do this?
thanx
________
WELLBUTRIN SETTLEMENT UPDATE (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

BareMetal
04-13-2003, 04:26 PM
you should be able to do that with tmpgenc.

defsrg
04-13-2003, 05:46 PM
not sure last time i knew tmpgenc only took one m2v and m2a at a time not 4. could be wrong though
________
BB SQUAD (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/BB_Squad)

captain_video
04-13-2003, 06:01 PM
If you're planning on burning them to DVD then you can compile each individual file and then use VOBEdit to link all of the files together. You will also need to use IFOEdit to create IFO files for the new compilation. Check the IFOEdit website for tutorials on how to do this. You can also get VOBEdit from the same site since Derrow developed both programs.

defsrg
04-13-2003, 07:59 PM
actually what i had in mind what to author a dvd compilation of 6 games ( i live in syracuse so you all probaly know what im doing)
so i was swaying towards the spruce up end of it but like i said the first 2 games i have are in 4 individual sections.i know ifo would work but i was trying to stay within regular authoring realms but thanx though captain.
________
Buy Vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/)

captain_video
04-13-2003, 09:01 PM
I've had a thought along similar lines but with different source material. I have several episodes of a show I'm archiving. I had already been saving the shows to DVD but I was keeping the commercials intact since there was no good way to edit commercials at the time so each disc is limited to 3 one-hour shows. Now that we have some viable editing tools, I want to start archiving the shows again but this time I intend to put at least 5 episodes on each DVD. Unfortunately, one of the episodes got cut short the last time it was aired and it's the only ty file I have of the show. I already had the episode burned to DVD but I no longer have the original ty file.

My plan was to edit out the portion from the last commercial break to the end of the show and try to splice in the same segment from the original recording. My intent was to cut it using the Smart Ripper technique since the shows already have chapter stops placed at the end of each commercial break. I was hoping I could take the VOB file for the first portion and link it to the re-ripped VOB file from the original recording and come up with a complete episode, sans commercials. The main trick is going to be trying to integrate it in with the other 4 episodes and still link each episode to a main menu.

I think this is somewhat akin to what you're attempting, although you didn't mention if you intended to include a menu with your compilation. If you find a way to get your DVD compiled the way you're talking about then please let us know how it turns out. I would certainly be interested if you find a technique that works.

RxMan
04-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I have been playing around with music videos quite a bit. I have been using the following steps.

TyEditor to get .ty file and output to generic mpeg2 with no editing.

I then use mpeg2vcr and cut out the video that I want. (You would not need this step)

I take however many mpegs I have and use TMPGenc to merge then all into one.

I load into Spruce and proceed.

bato
04-13-2003, 09:29 PM
If I understand this correctly then you can use Maestro to build your DVD with your 6 games. What I understand is that you have game 1 and game 2 as 4 parts m2v/m2a the rest a 1 part m2v/m2a right?

First I'll name the parts as game1a.m2v/m2a game1b...

Then use BeSweet to change all game1(1-4).m2a and game2(1-4).m2a to ac3

Then create 6 movies and rename them game1-game6.

In game 3-6 import the m2v and m2a like normal. In game1 import all 4 m2v files in the same game1 movie and do the same for game2 movie.

Now you need to right clic where you normaly put the audio (first language track) and select from the popup menu "Create Sync Audio Track..." in the next window select each part and clic "Assign Audio File..." select the ac3 for that part, do this for the 4 parts, select and output filename and clic "Create Audio File...", repeat this for game2 movie.

Then create menu, chapter points or whatever and compile.

If you get 6 games under the full capacity of a blank DVD then you can put another one there, and if it goes over the limit, compile anyway and then use DVD2one, DVD95copy, DVDShrink, InstantCopy or whatever is the new this week to get it to the full DVD capacity.

Test, burn and play.

defsrg
04-16-2003, 12:03 PM
bato
why convert the m2a to ac3, i dont how this step is necessary unless you know something i dont.also i havent had much luck with maestro when ever i install i always get that my files were created with a newer version even though i have never used this program a day in my life.
thanx
rxman
when using tmpgenc
do u set up the m2v files then the m2a's or so u have to do this
first m2v
first m2a
2nd m2v
2nd m2a etc. etc....
________
ELYSABETH (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/ELYSABETH/)

bato
04-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by defsrg
bato
why convert the m2a to ac3, i dont how this step is necessary unless you know something i dont.
You can drag many clips from the assets menu into one movie, but you can only drag one audio file to the audio track under the movie, if the audio for all your clips is AC3 then you can right clic in the audio track and create a sync audio file. Maestro will create a new AC3 file with all the little parts that make the new movie.

This way you can edit out commercials with Maestro, you just need to drag you episode to the movie window like 5 times (or the parts that make your episode without commercials) then trim start/end in each clip to create the first, second, ... part to make your show and then create the sync audio file and presto.

So if you have an old MPG that when imported into Maestro don't go GOP error, then you can edit out commercials. Or if you have 3 or 4 part mpg and want to make 1 single title (without pause/jump between them) then you can use this option.

defsrg
04-16-2003, 11:07 PM
ok that explains that,thank you. but like i said it doesnt do me alot of good as i can never get maestro to work on my pc. i have even tried it on new fresh installs and i still get the same error" thsi file was create d with a newer version of maestro error 0x00017 or something like that. i have never used any version of maestro for anyhting so i dont know why i get this error?
thanx
________
Lovely_Girl (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Lovely_Girl/)

bato
04-17-2003, 12:27 AM
So first we need to find your problem with Maestro. Where did you download your copy? How big it was? Did you try downloading from other site? How you installed it? Did you install Cinemaster also?

defsrg
04-17-2003, 06:02 AM
So first we need to find your problem with Maestro. Where did you download your copy? How big it was? Did you try downloading from other site? How you installed it? Did you install Cinemaster also?
fukrulez.com, version 2.9 7.01mb,no couldnt find it elsewhere,just a regular install, and yes i did.
thanx
running winxp prof if ur wondering also
________
Tasya4u (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Tasya4u/)

captain_video
04-17-2003, 09:34 AM
What error are you getting with Maestro? If it says it can't find a decoder then you also need Cinemaster 2000 installed. Check th How Tos sticky on page 3 for links to download Cinemaster 2K.

bato
04-17-2003, 11:28 AM
fukrulez.com, version 2.9 7.01mb,no couldnt find it elsewhere,just a regular install, and yes i did.
thanx
running winxp prof if ur wondering also
I have to check my copy, but if I remember correctly I just unpacked into a Directory, no install.

defsrg
04-17-2003, 03:14 PM
no its not a decoder ,i have cinemaster as i use it with spruce also. maestro says ,no matter what file i try to put in, "this was created with a newer version and cannot be loaded.(0xc10c0017)" i have never had any other version besides this one nor have i been able to put in any kind of file let alone try to author one with maestro. and yes your right bato ots just an open program not an install.
thanx
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

captain_video
04-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Are you using version 2.9.2915 or is it a different one? Try this link for 2.9.2915 if you don't already have it:

http://www.cdrsoft.cc/index3.html

Select the Downloads link and then DVD-R[W] Software, Various Writing Software for Maestro.

defsrg
04-17-2003, 04:12 PM
followed the captains link and still get the same message, i just dont get it, anyone know where i can get the maestro help file as these downloads dont include it. thanx
________
Body science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

bato
04-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Do you change the date in your computer often for some reason? Did your download came in some .rar files? When you launch Maestro you see anything or just the error and then quits?

Maybe your original download had a bad cracked file in it and installed somewhere and when you put a new install in your machine it uses the broken dll?

Sorry to hear that you can't use Maestro, is a good tool to learn.

The fukrulez download have a .hlp file with some information about it, but there is somewhere a .pdf file around 19MB with 688 pages manual version 2.8 I think.

defsrg
04-17-2003, 07:37 PM
no i dont change the date. the ones i just got from the link form capt video came in .rar form so i used winrar to extract.no the program stays open it doesn t close it just wont except my files weather they be m2v or mpg. am i not using the correct importing procedures maybe. i usually go to open change the dvdproject option to all files and then try to import my files but thats when i get the message previously stated. if someone could give me the proper procedure to importing a file that would be great . thanx
________
CHEAP AIRSOFT ELECTRIC (http://airsoft-shop.info/tag/electric)

bato
04-17-2003, 08:26 PM
i usually go to open change the dvdproject option to all files and then try to import my files but thats when i get the message previously stated
File - Open is for DVD projects and not m2v files.

You import assets in the bottom right box (asset bin), the one in a kind of brown background that have Name Duration Type Status caption, right clic there and select Import Media Asset.

or you drag your m2v to movie window (or Asset bin) and it automaticaly is checked and put into the asset window. Alt + A open and close the asset bin window so try it.

Every file imported into Maestro is checked it take a little time depending on speed. Worst case is the GOP error, if this happen then you can't work with that video file. Also check that audio/video assets are same length to make sure they are ok.

defsrg
04-18-2003, 12:40 PM
boy do i feel like a dumbass
thanx bato ot helps if your using the right import area!!!!
________
BOX VAPORIZERS (http://boxvaporizers.com)

defsrg
04-20-2003, 11:14 PM
ok heres what i got so far:
did as bato said got my assets imported to the lower right hand box on maestro. now it took the first m2v of the game fine but when i try to add anymore i get the error "number of GOPS in angle block are not identical (0xc1070028).do i drag them to the same line as m2v one or do iscroll down to box number 2 on the movie window, i am so totally confused.
thanx
________
PENNY STOCK (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

bato
04-21-2003, 01:22 AM
boy, how you get those errors I never seen before?

assets imported I guess you mean you have there all your m2v files there ok, right?

then you took 1.m2v into movie1 timeline right?

they you took 2.m2v into movie1 timeline to the empty space to the right from 1.m2v right? (to make the movie together)

or maybe you drag it in top of the 1.m2v and then that's they way you create an "angle block" or something? I don't know.

defsrg
04-21-2003, 10:04 PM
thats ok bato
i finally just used tmpgenc, multiplexed 4 separate elementals , then joined into one mpeg, then demultiplexed full file back to elemental. now i just gotta shrink them as they both turned out over 3gb big for only about 1.5 hours worth of video.thanks though im still gonna play with maestro to get the hang of it.
are there any programs that shrink mpegs or do they all just do ifo's or video_ts?
________
WENDIE 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

captain_video
04-22-2003, 08:35 AM
There's a good Maestro tutorial at fukrulez.com. Check page 3 of the How Tos Only sticky in the DTivo hacking forum for the link.

defsrg
04-25-2003, 12:36 AM
ok fellas here is another "weird" error u can add to the defsrg library. as u can see from the first post i have been trying to accomplish this project for awhile either most of the time spent beating my head against the desk. i went through with tmpgenc like i said and muxed all my m2v files together into both one big m2v, i then went ot import it into spruceup but kept getting "calculated video birate is too high for a legal dvdstream" when i went to compile into a title set. so i said ok i guess the muxing of the 4 individual files were a failure, so i decided to import them all separtely and use the old fashion spruce to ifo so i could atleast get the game to a disc where is was watchable and just figued i would sacrifce the menu. well lo and behold when importing the files individually i found that the 2nd file gave me an initial error at the end of importing, " temporal references in GOP #1158 (zero-based) are out of sequence (0xc10b000a). so i then just tried to import the m2v w/o editing it in tystudio and it went right in and compiled w/o a problem. so my only guess is that i could possibly be messing up a certain GOP's when i am editing out one of the commercials that is causing this? cuz obviously the file is not tainted if it goes into the program with no editing doen to it. my next questions would be if i just change a cut point would that possibly fix it or do i have to look at another means of editing? could i edit these m2v files in mpeg2vcr bato cuz it seems like u have some success with that program? if worse comes to worse i guess i can just go back to the old way of spruce to ifo if all else fails. well i am going to start testing and if anyone knows what exactly causes this so that if happens to someone again please let us know.
thanx again for listening
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

bato
04-25-2003, 01:15 AM
The editing can cause the problem, that's why the tools are still in beta.

With mpeg2vcr you can edit as long as you only demux your tys, if you edit them prior to import into mpeg2vcr you have a big chance to have sync problems.

For me when I want to use Maestro tyStudio elemental streams/no transcode works good, not everytime but sure more than a few.

defsrg
04-27-2003, 12:25 AM
HEY GUYS
just wanted everyone to know i finally solved the problem. what i did was i opened the file with the original cut file and changed some of my edit points by a frame and it loaded into spruce w/ no probs. now for those of you that may run into having to mux pieces together some time.
-open file in tyeditor and do your cuts
-export elemental streams no transcode(i havent tried transcoding so it might work not sure)
-open tmpgenc and mux each individual m2v and m2a into an mpeg using simple mux.
-then load each individual mpeg into the join tab in tmpgenc and join into one big mpeg.
-when complete take full muxed mpeg and use simple demux in tmpgenc to turn whole file back into m2v,m2a
-import into spruce and author like normal.
-now if using maestro just use besweet to convert m2a to ac3 import both and then author.
thats what i did, i figured this might be useful with the ongoing locals saga and to be announced if anyone ever had to record anything in 30 minute increments.
ps if i could for all u spruce masters, when i do my menus the playback on the tv does not show thw whole content of the menu.its like its sized for a 16x9 screen. is there a way to adjust menu size so that there is no cut offs on a 4x3. thanx
________
OG KUSH (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/og-kush)