PDA

View Full Version : Movie Factory Error....

OhDannyBoy
04-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Okay, I have read the DVD Movie Factory/Workshop thread twice and am still stumped.

I have followed all of the steps and am receiving the following error:

Mpeg program stream not compatible with DVD engine.

It gets 3/4 way through the creation process when it bombs. I am trying to compile an 8 show DVD. It works fine when I just use two shows.

Any help would be appreciated...

BubbleLamp
04-14-2003, 01:58 PM
I have had this happen to two different shows. No matter what I used to extract/mux/demux/patch/whatever, I never got either to work. I've done 30 or 40 other shows with no such problem, so I just chalked it up to "who knows".

OhDannyBoy
04-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks Bubblelamp...

I'm still working on my first compilation... Nothing seems to be going right... At first I was having issues with Workshop trying to Encode everything no matter what...

After downloading and installing Moviefactory, that issue went away, but now I get the compatibility error...

Pete Ruttman
04-14-2003, 03:45 PM
The only time I got this message was during my testing of trying to use dvd elements. I use the command line tools that come in tystudio to make a single mpg file and I have never seen that message when importin those files.

pete

OhDannyBoy
04-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Well I finally got it to work!!!! It is burning as I type (Now hopefully all goes well when I try it in the DVD player :D )

2 of the 8 shows I originally was working were getting this error I downloaded 2 different shows and now it is working!

What a bummer, I had to go through each one and find out which ones were bad. I am using Tytools 6r3 for download.... I wonder if that makes a difference???

ronnythunder
04-21-2003, 11:35 PM
just wondering if anyone has any new info on this issue. i'm desperately trying to make a dvd of the stars and oilers game 6 nhl playoffs from my dtivo, and both my espn and fox sports net feeds have the "The MPEG program stream is not compatible with this DVD engine" error.

i managed to use tychopper and a binary search strategy to narrow the first occurrance (there may be more) of whatever causes this error. i now have a file that's 8mbytes or less that gives the error almost immediately when a vsplitmux2c'd or tydemux'd mpg is used in movie factory.

anybody have any ideas what to look for? i added a debug switch to tydemux.c (the hooks for debug values were already there) and ran it with "-d 100", and it, understandable, gave me reams of info when i demuxed (about 4mb of text for the 8mb ty fragment!); i just have no idea what to look for.

its driving me crazy! i don't have the option to re-record as these are one time showings. for now, i've just extracted the show as a tmf and made a data dvd with that on it, but i really want to be able to make a dvd-video like i have with the other five games.

thanks for any info

ronny

Pete Ruttman
04-22-2003, 06:46 AM
So, I may not have read carefully enough but with DVD workshop I cannot ever use elemental streams or I get 'the error'. I just run the show through tyeditor as DVD and then bring in to workshop as the mpeg created from the DVD setting. I have to use dvdpatcher to patch the header of the mpeg file and then it all works. Have you tried this method with factory?

pete

ronnythunder
04-22-2003, 02:14 PM
thanks for the tips, pete. i tried tystudio, but it didn't like my cuts, even after moving them around a bit, so i gave up on that. as i mentioned in another thread, the stream wouldn't work even with no cuts.

however, on a hunch, i tried using mpeg2vcr on the stream as part of this recipe:

tytool6 (ty mode) -> vsplitmux2c -k -> gopeditor -> vsplitmux2c -m -> mpeg2vcr mpeg gop fixer all -> dvdpatcher -> dvdmf

mpeg2vcr found tons of errors and, when i tried it in dvdmf, it worked! no more "not compatible" errors! however, i did all this on my home machine from work via pcanywhere, and since pca doesn't support directshow or whatever the dvd player and capture tools use, so i can't verify audio sync or anything like that until i get home.

keepin my fingers crossed

ronny

bato
04-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Those steps with Workshop or Moviefactory will make the resulting DVD lost sync, so maybe mpeg2vcr will fail also.

What you can do is with vsplit or tydemux, split the file, transcode audio to mp2 so it fixes any anomalies, and video with mpeg2vcr fix all GOP option, then mux together with mpeg2vcr and cut with it, I think this way you'll keep sync.

ronnythunder
04-22-2003, 07:20 PM
great news, for me at least!! i just got home and checked out the mpg file created by mpeg2vcr in my recipe above, and it was perfect! a/v sync was find throughout the whole near 3 hour recording, even after gopeditor cuts, and the resultant dvd image plays fine on cyberdvd.

i'm very excited with this find. i have a backlog of probably a dozen shows that had this problem that i should now be able to fix.

hopefully this will help someone else.

ronny

BubbleLamp
04-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ronnythunder
great news, for me at least!! i just got home and checked out the mpg file created by mpeg2vcr in my recipe above, and it was perfect! a/v sync was find throughout the whole near 3 hour recording, even after gopeditor cuts, and the resultant dvd image plays fine on cyberdvd.

i'm very excited with this find. i have a backlog of probably a dozen shows that had this problem that i should now be able to fix.

hopefully this will help someone else.

ronny

Hmm, I'll have to try mpeg2vcr on the few files I have giving that error. Heh Bato or Pr.Sinister, any benefit/detriment you can think of from going with mpeg2vcr instead of the TMPGEnc simple mux step we've been using?

bato
04-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
Hmm, I'll have to try mpeg2vcr on the few files I have giving that error. Heh Bato or Pr.Sinister, any benefit/detriment you can think of from going with mpeg2vcr instead of the TMPGEnc simple mux step we've been using?
I just started to work with mpeg2vcr for GOP fixing activities (dishplayer files). The only things I can think of:
- TMPGEnc cost $50 mpeg2vcr $150
- TMPGEnc simple mux a few minutes in my machine (around 10), GOP fix in mpeg2vcr around 50
- TMPGEnc simple mux crash DVDlab compile (for now), mpeg2vcr output is DVD GOP standard so can work with DVDlab without problem
- if you are going to use mpeg2vcr, then do your editing there because is frame accurate.

So for speed I'll keep using TMPGEnc simple mux until jdiner release vsplit3, or use TyStudio whatever you find easier/faster, for problem files I'll use mpeg2vcr or when I need frame accurate editing (or where tytool/tystudio doesn't exist i.e. dishplayer). I read somewhere else that MyFlix XE is also good, I'll download trial and test, I hope the trial is not that limited.

defsrg
04-23-2003, 01:07 AM
hey dude
you think maybe you could outline the procedure you are using on the mpeg2vcr for the rest of us as i owuld like to play around with dvdlab a bit more but cannot get it to work with my files as you know and i am not familiar with mpeg2vcr at all.
thanx
________
Bmw new six history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_New_Six)

bato
04-23-2003, 01:26 AM
1- tydemux or vsplit into separate m2v and m2a
2- MPEG GOP fixer in mpeg2vcr, load m2v and fix all GOP errors, select a new output file
3- then import m2v and m2a into DVDlab

this works but sometimes I get a split second audio sync problem, I don't know if I need to change the m2a to ac3 and maybe it will get fixed or my test ty have some problems

you can add a couple of steps there (have to run more tests)
2a- mux m2v and m2a with mpeg2vcr into mpg
2b- edit mpg in mpeg2vcr (cut commercials)
3- import mpg into DVDlab

What crashes DVDlab
- direct input from tydemux/tystudio/vsplit/gopeditor-vsplitmux
- mpg created with tystudio/gopeditor-vsplitmux
- same mpg as above "fixed" with mpeg2vcr

what works with dvdlab
- m2v output from tydemux/tystudio/vsplit "fixed" with mpeg2vcr and m2a (at this time you can't cut with vsplit and have m2v and m2a output only mpg)

what I need to test
- mpg created with tystudio/gopedirot-vsplitmux, demuxed with mpeg2vcr and then fix only m2v (no need to test tystudio because it can output to m2v directly)

what is really needed
- Oscar to find a way so Dtivo files (m2v, m2a, mpg) do not crash DVD-lab, like Maestro, Workshop, ... all work with these files (with some changes/patches/workarounds)

In short, find another software to work with your Dtivo files at this time, when DVD-lab handle these files I'll post a step by step.

BubbleLamp
04-23-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by bato
1- tydemux or vsplit into separate m2v and m2a
2- MPEG GOP fixer in mpeg2vcr, load m2v and fix all GOP errors, select a new output file
3- then import m2v and m2a into DVDlab

this works but sometimes I get a split second audio sync problem, I don't know if I need to change the m2a to ac3 and maybe it will get fixed or my test ty have some problems

you can add a couple of steps there (have to run more tests)
2a- mux m2v and m2a with mpeg2vcr into mpg
2b- edit mpg in mpeg2vcr (cut commercials)
3- import mpg into DVDlab

Heh Bato, have you gone from 2a, patched the header, and then tried using DVD WS on the resultant MPG?

bato
04-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
Heh Bato, have you gone from 2a, patched the header, and then tried using DVD WS on the resultant MPG?
Nope, I'll try that later, I use DVD WS when doing DVDs for the kids, because they don't care much about the chapters menus and those things that I can't make right with it.

First I used mpeg2vcr to make DVDlab compile the video but I think it take too much time. I'll wait for thos projects that I want better menus and good chapter points.