PDA

View Full Version : Help DVDlab work with Dtivo files

bato
04-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Oscar just posted an update to DVDlab, now version 1.0.0416. You can download full here (http://www.mediachance.com/files/dvdlab10.exe) and the update here (http://www.mediachance.com/files/dvdlabup0416.exe)

The history (http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/history.html) page say whats fixed and what he is working on.

Here is a post from Oscar:

What is yet to be done:
- the problem on some players where the autoplay doesn't start
- the Tivo/Replay TV playback
and another:

Now would be the time for Tivo and Replay Files.
I got already some files.
If the file after adding to assets shows not a valid 1xxx stream
then these videos are so far off that I can't find reasonable
sequence header and any fix on the file fill result in sync issues
(there is a Fix headers in Tools menu - but you need to also cut
from audio - I don't have such code yet).

However many of the tivo/replay files can now get in, but the
playback is jumpy. This will be the next fix - I have files to support
this problem.

I guess after this is fixed then I would need the ftp for files which
doesn't belong to any current category of bugs.
If you want to upload something here (http://www.mmbforums.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=28;t=59) you can find more information.

cullen_simpson
04-16-2003, 07:13 PM
The link that you provide for the full code seems to require a password.

What do we need to do to get Oscar to provide one?
Will he or is he holding it close?

bato
04-17-2003, 12:24 AM
That's strange, the link requiered no password when I posted, I'll try to find out more about it.

rd001
04-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Olaf and Josh have had FTP dump sites where people sent the most problematic streams. Maybe you could ask them if they'd let this guy, Oscar, have access to them.

bato
04-17-2003, 12:22 PM
you can download dvdlab10.exe from
server=ftp.imapcgeek.com
l/p oscar/dvdlab

I use SmartFTP without problems, some people with CuteFTP can't access the site. Also do not use IE as ftp client most of the time it won't work in this server.

defsrg
04-17-2003, 04:51 PM
dead link dude
________
Love lyrics forum (http://www.love-help.org/love-lyrics/)

VideoJoe
04-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Tried to upload files to Oscar, kept getting same error from the FTP server, I'm using CuteFTP. Help !

STATUS:> Connecting to ftp.imapcgeek.com (ip = 65.30.147.111)
220-Serv-U FTP Server v4.0 for WinSock ready...
220-Welcome to Fubie's FTP Server!
220-
220-If you have probs getting in tough ****in' shit, tell someone who cares!
220-
220-Just kidding. Lemme know & I'll reboot.
220-
220 Turn on Pasv mode on your FTP client, it may help.
COMMAND:> USER oscar
331 User name okay, need password.
COMMAND:> PASS ********
230 User logged in, proceed.
COMMAND:> TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
COMMAND:> PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
COMMAND:> TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
COMMAND:> REST 0
350 Restarting at 0. Send STORE or RETRIEVE.
COMMAND:> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,101,6,130)
COMMAND:> LIST
ERROR:> Failed to establish data socket
ERROR:> Timeout

Torg
04-17-2003, 05:31 PM
COMMAND:> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,101,6,130)
COMMAND:> LIST

His ftp server is behind a firewall. It is on a box with an IP address of 192.168.1.101. His firewall is set up wrong, probably his ftp deamon as well.

bato
04-17-2003, 07:07 PM
defsrg: the link have login/pass in it, maybe there is some kind of limit, because I was able to enter then not, then again and at this time can't

Torg: maybe I'm wrong but that IP will be the machine that called you can see the IP in the log:
STATUS:> Connecting to ftp.imapcgeek.com (ip = 65.30.147.111)

Try to connect with SmartFTP (after trying with IE) and now I get my answer as why I can't connect:

530 Not logged in, only 2 sessions from same IP allowed concurrently. so I guess IE is not good to connect to this ftp server.

Finaly I was able to get in, and I can download dvdlab10.exe, so still there.

Use SmartFTP to login to ftp.imapcgeek.com oscar/dvdlab to download dvdlab10.exe and to upload something. The rules for upload are:
- create a directory with you username from mmbforums
- upload your problem files (mpg, ac3, m2a, m2v)
- upload a .txt file with information about the problem (i.e. crash compile step with MFC error...)
when Oscar download the files he will tell Fubie to delete the folder, so if you want you can upload more again creating another folder.

Torg
04-17-2003, 07:36 PM
He is using a port passthough on a firewall. Specificly his firewall has the IP address of 65.30.157.111. His box he has the ftpd setup on (Im guessing its a Windows box becase its using serv-u) has the ip address of 192.168.1.100 (from the PASV line).

When you connect to it with IE (with just about any modern FTP able client) it wants to do passive FTP. It sees the PASV response from the server (its a 227 mesage) your cleint will connect to it on that address and those ports (the two numbers after the address). Being that RFC1918 says that the 192.168.0.0 is a private address space the core routers on the Internet (and most other routers if the admin has any sence) will block those addresses from going out. So, you can not connect to that address (unless you are using 192.168.0.0 interanly in which case your cleint will really freak out).

To fix this disable passive FTP and it should work. For more information on what pasive mode is, what ports ftp uses and all the rest try RFC959.

defsrg
04-17-2003, 07:49 PM
tried using smart ftp i get "no such host is known" connnection closed. how about someone just posts the download here that would make things easier on everyone.
thanx
________
Arizona Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

bato
04-17-2003, 08:09 PM
it's a 16MB file I guess is not possible.

are you using ftp.imapcgeek.com or the IP 65.30.147.111?

I just tried and I'm in.

Torg
04-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Becase they are too big to attach here. the dvdlab10.exe file is 17.3M.

Try this:

Start-->Run-->ftp ftp.imapcgeek.com

It will open a window in which you type the login and password. Then type:

cd "1 DVDLAB AND UPDATES"
ls

it should now list for you the files that are there. Type:

bin
prompt
mget *

Since you did not turn on hashing and since his site is so god awful slow (about 30K/s tops), go get something to drink. In a while your file will be there. When you are done it would be nice for you to type

bye

But hell, its just windoze and its used to half open sockets and trashed connections.

(edited with correftions from following post)

bato
04-17-2003, 08:36 PM
The four files there are:
- DVDlab5.exe and it was for win98, 98se and ME users that were having troubles executing DVDlab, not needed anymore
- dvdlab10.exe, this is the full install and what you need
- dvdlabup0406.exe, old update file, not needed anymore
- dvdlabup0416.exe, to update 1.0 to 1.0.0416 that works with win98, XP, etc.

if you use mget * you will get all 4 (or more if they add some), if your download speed is slow, you better use get dvdlab10.exe.

also when Torg say cd "1 DVDLAB AND UPDATES" you type as that to make it work, you need the ".

Torg
04-17-2003, 09:32 PM
you are correct, I origionaly edited teh most as it has the intruction on how to download them individualy. I then went back and changed the commands but not the explination. Thank you for the corrections.

bato
04-17-2003, 09:47 PM
no problem, I edited mine as it no longer apply, I changed a bit for people that don't want all the files.

nice info there to use the built in ftp.

Also take note where your files are downloaded doing a

lcd

at the prompt. People that never used the ftp program maybe can't find where the download is.

defsrg
04-18-2003, 01:04 PM
got it thanx fellas!!
________
THE CIGAR BOSS (http://thecigarboss.com/)

POTI
04-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Long time Torg! hey can someone host these files? Bato doesn't have his FTP set up correctly.....

VideoJoe
04-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the help Torg, I was able to upload using CuteFTP when I disabled PASV, even though Fubie recommended using passive mode. I uploaded some DTivo files for Oscar to solve the muxing problem.

Torg
04-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Only because POTI asked :)

ftp://torg:tivo@tivo.torg.org/

bato
04-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by POTI
Long time Torg! hey can someone host these files? Bato doesn't have his FTP set up correctly.....
Well it is not my FTP so I can't fix it :D

Now we can download from Torg's site, thanks.

Still, if you have problem files (ac3, m2v, mpg) you still need to upload to ftp.imapcgeek.com so Oscar can take a look and make his code work with our files.

VideoJoe
04-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Hey bato,

Oscar posted a new version of DVD lab that works with muxed files, I'll try testing the new version with DTivo muxed files from TyStudio later tonight.

bato
04-22-2003, 11:40 AM
To people without dvdlab10.exe (quote from Oscar):

The "update" is in fact the same as full installation without most of the backgrounds, buttons, sound clips and help. You can use it as update or as a clean install, it has all necessary files -just lacks the goodies. I will not create another beta with all these files - it is 4 MB against 16 MB
so you only need the latest.

history page (http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/history.html)

version 0421 (http://www.mediachance.com/files/dvdlabup0421.exe)

bato
04-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Still no go with 0421 and Dtivo files.

Now I tested a without demux in DVDlab (new option) and no go.

Then did a complete 1hr episode edited with tyeditor and same with gopeditor and then "fixed" with mpeg2vcr still crash that app, but with other error. A previous short test with mpeg2vcr resulted ok.

IdolWild
04-26-2003, 11:37 PM
LOL my home network is beginning to feel the pain. All told, with all my puters I have about a half-terabyte of storage, but it is rapidly beginning to fill up with TY files while I am waiting for Olaf to fix the GOP editing audio sync problem with TyStudio and Oscar to fix the compile crashing problem with DTivo files. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I guess I'll mod my XBOX to play NES games while I wait.

On an aside, I think I might want to eventually redo my TiVo with a fresh image. It has started to behave strangely as of late. Now, before I ever touched the TiVo I did get a backup, but I backed it up to a PC I had at the time that has some sort of wonky CPU. I'm not trusting that it faithfully recorded the backup to disk without errors. I didn't know at the time. So, what I would like to do it get a bigger drive, get a drive image for a Hughes DTivo GXECBOT or whatever it is, somehow get my settings off the current drive, and away I go. Anyone wanna point me in the direction for said drive image? Is what I want to do even possible?

Thanks