PDA

View Full Version : tyStudio to DVD workshop

itopia
04-16-2003, 10:08 PM
After I edit ty files in TyStudio Beta 2 with edits I process save as DVD 48000 for audio and end up with lets say a 289meg file thats in MPG file format. When I open up in DVD Workshop and make a basic menu and go to Make Disc I enter the custom setting and put it at Standard 352x480 and under compression I set it at Variable 8000kbps and under Audio format MPEG Audio just like P.Sinister recommends in his tutorial.

The problem is when you go to Make Disc and save as a Created DVD Directory the file size balloons from 289megs to 5.5 GB.

What step did I miss that has caused the file to jump size?

Please help.

Pr.Sinister
04-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by itopia
After I edit ty files in TyStudio Beta 2 with edits I process save as DVD 48000 for audio and end up with lets say a 289meg file thats in MPG file format. When I open up in DVD Workshop and make a basic menu and go to Make Disc I enter the custom setting and put it at Standard 352x480 and under compression I set it at Variable 8000kbps and under Audio format MPEG Audio just like P.Sinister recommends in his tutorial.

The problem is when you go to Make Disc and save as a Created DVD Directory the file size balloons from 289megs to 5.5 GB.

What step did I miss that has caused the file to jump size?

Please help.

Did you use DVD Patcher and patch the first header of the file to
352x480 @ 3.5 MBit ? You have to do that before importing into
DVD Workshop.

-Pr.

itopia
04-17-2003, 01:49 PM
I had patched before and even tried it again to make sure. Original file this time came out of TyStudio as a dVD 48000 audio mpg file total size listed as 400,014kb. I then opened it in DVD PAtcher and the file size before the patch was listed as follows:

File size 409614336
Sequence header found
Size 480x480
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Frame rate 29.970 frames/sec
Bitrate:15000000

Patched just the header to
With the following specs;
File size 409614336
Sequence header found
Size 352x480
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Frame rate 29.970
Bit rate 3500000

Close DVD Patcher and open a new project/file in DVD Work Shop version 1.2. Select the patched mpg file loads in fine and total length of file is listed as 0:19:22:06 so just under 20 mins. Select a thumbnail image create a basic menu and go to finish. Make disc options customize - standard 352x480 compression variable 8000 kbps Audio format MPEG. Next menu pops up and I select Create DVD Directory and the REQUIRED HARD DISK SPACE is listed as 2.2 GB. Seems like the size increased by a factor of roughly 5x. So I process the file and it takes about an hour on a PIII 900 and when its done the Required Hard Disk space now reads 735.9mb - I check file size of the saved folders as follows:
Audio_ts is at 0kb
Video_TS is at 735mb
Menu is at 1.2 mb

So in the end the file looks like it doubled - is that whatís supposed to happen? Please advise and thanks in advance for your help.

itopia
04-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Forgot to mention that the file does play in PowerDVD however itís pixilated on the Right hand side and during fast movement. I haven't bothered to burn an actual DVD yet because I want to make sure the file is solid first.

bato
04-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by itopia
...open a new project/file in DVD Work Shop version 1.2...
You need version 1.3 with latest patch to work with Dtivo files at 480x480.

itopia
04-17-2003, 04:49 PM
I have the sync patch installed and older posts said that should solve the large file issue but its not. I am reluctant to go beyond the 1.2 trial and spend money on the software if this doesn't truly work. Is there a 1.3 trial version?

Also when you have a directivo - what is the proper format to save out of Tystudio when you will be importing into DVD Workshop - DVD 48000 audio or Does elemental or no transcoding work better?

This process seems to change daily and sticky posts are grossly out dated from even a few weeks ago. Is there any way someone can update them to reflect where the technology is today? It almost needs an org Chart if you use this process its recommended that you use this, this and this software with the following steps and if you use this process we recommend that you use this, this and this. Visually that would help allot of people see how the pieces are put together.

Getting frustrated after studying this process for months -

bato
04-17-2003, 06:54 PM
I think there is no 1.3 trial.

Do not buy this software, I can't make chapters work right.

You can do some work with Moviefactory2 trial.

I hope DVDlab will fix the compile stage for Dtivo and we all are going to be happy and like $200 less than Workshop.