PDA

View Full Version : tivo hacking with a Mac

connorsacsak
04-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Can I hack a tivo series 2 using a macintosh? I am interested in video extraction.

geowar
04-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Yes. You'll need the Ext2 VFS for Mac OS X from sorceforge. Then search this forum for BASH_ENV.

connorsacsak
04-21-2003, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm ashamed to admit but I have no clue about all of this. Is there a step-by step guide for *****s on how to do all this. Thanks.

geowar
04-21-2003, 12:28 PM
> Is there a step-by step guide for *****s on how to do all this. Thanks.

Not really. Like everything else the info tends to get discussed in many different threads with important info scattered everywhere. And it's usually WinDoze, Linux and then _maybe_ Macintosh. Most of the time the Linux stuff translates directly to Mac OS X. Evenutally when all the wrinkles get ironed out someone will "digest" everything into a sticky.

Most everything you'll need to know is in the BASH_ENV threads. You'll have to translate each step from WinDoze/Linux to Macintosh.

I can say that it's 100% doable on the Mac (since I've done it. ;-)

If you'll promise to write up the Macintosh "how to" then I'll answer any/all questions that you might have. You may bypass this forum and email me directly at <geowar@apple.com>. I'm a senior support scientist in Apple's Developer Technical Support (DTS) group. If I can't figure it out then it can't be done. ;-)