PDA

View Full Version : How do I batch in tystudio

Stephen
04-18-2003, 10:20 PM
I had been storeing alot of ty files and have 50 gigs or so of stuff I would like to batch into mpg and then convert into divx. I havent figured a way out to do this without doing it one at a time. Is there a way to do this so that I can let it run overnight?

brett63
04-19-2003, 11:29 AM
One of the nice things about TyStudio is that you can use TyProcess (or any of the individual components) in a simple batch file. I manually created a batch file to extract/convert several of these overnight. See the TyProcess docs at:
http://dvd-create.sourceforge.net/tystudio/typrocess.shtml

04-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Read the tystudio thread. Mrbassman gives a link to a beta version with batch included. (page 15 of the thread).

Tuuv
05-11-2003, 02:39 PM
I need some help in debugging this. I am just trying to make an elementral video stream with no audio transcoding. Typrocess crashes everytime whether it is invoked thru a batch file or the commands manually entered on a dos windows (which I tried to see if this produced different results):

typrocess -i D:\tystreams\tweenies--11.ty -oa c:\temp\tweenies--11.m2a -ov c:\tweenies-11.m2v

I have tried moving the .ty file to the installation dir and forgeoing the creation of the files to a different dire to see if it was having trouble with that, although I saw no reason why.

I have tried different versions even including -mplex and -demux switches although I do not think they would be needed at all since I am trying to produce lelemtal streams, right?

Could anyone that has been successful in processing ty files using a batch file debug the above or provide an example of what their batch looks like (one line will do)?

Thanks in advance.

MrBassMan
05-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Tuuv
I need some help in debugging this. I am just trying to make an elementral video stream with no audio transcoding. Typrocess crashes everytime whether it is invoked thru a batch file or the commands manually entered on a dos windows (which I tried to see if this produced different results):

typrocess -i D:\tystreams\tweenies--11.ty -oa c:\temp\tweenies--11.m2a -ov c:\tweenies-11.m2v

I have tried moving the .ty file to the installation dir and forgeoing the creation of the files to a different dire to see if it was having trouble with that, although I saw no reason why.

I have tried different versions even including -mplex and -demux switches although I do not think they would be needed at all since I am trying to produce lelemtal streams, right?

Could anyone that has been successful in processing ty files using a batch file debug the above or provide an example of what their batch looks like (one line will do)?

Thanks in advance.

Can you define 'crash' - i.e. what messages are output.

In the mean time, if you just want elemental streams you can use the tydemux program, you do not need to use typrocess. The purpose of typrocess is mainly to run tydemux, tytranscode and tymplex as a single process.

Tuuv
05-11-2003, 06:29 PM
The "This programs has performed an illegal operation.." dilaog type with the red X and the option to get more details at the bottom.

I will try tydemux directly and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

brett63
05-11-2003, 06:56 PM
(just kidding, Tuuv, you oughta see what my daughter has on our TiVo...)

Are you running Beta2 or greater? I had the same problem with TyProcess using Beta1, and the problem went away with Beta2.

Tuuv
05-11-2003, 07:05 PM
If it would only be The Tweenies it wouldn't be so bad :( ....

Tystudio "about" states Beta 2. I am still to try tydemux directly and see if that works.

MrBassMan
05-11-2003, 07:24 PM
As you are a windows user, I have made a beta 3 build available.
You can find it at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvd-create/tydemux/installer/win32/Output/

This has a number of extra fixes as well as batch mode support.

Alien
05-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Stephen
I had been storeing alot of ty files and have 50 gigs or so of stuff I would like to batch into mpg and then convert into divx. I havent figured a way out to do this without doing it one at a time. Is there a way to do this so that I can let it run overnight?

I have written a batching program that uses the TyStudio .exe files. It is currently in early alpha, but if you want to give me a holler I would be happy to shoot it to you.

It is a C# .net program, so it will only work on windoze.

Send me a direct e-mail if you are interested. I can be reached at kwa@gjoll.com

Best,
Kurt A.

Pete Ruttman
05-15-2003, 03:53 PM
This program works great to batch download. Thanks Kurt!

pete

digitalamish
05-16-2003, 11:26 AM
I hacked up a quick Unix shell script to take programs off the Tivo. All I do is get the FSID using tyls, and then I run this script:

#!/bin/bash

TIVO=<place tivo IP address here>
FSID=$1

echo Finding FSID: $FSID
ENTRY=`tyls -t $TIVO | awk '{FS = "\t" ; print $1 " - " $2 "%" $6}' | awk /$FSID/ | sed -e 's/%.*//'`
SHOW=`echo $ENTRY | sed -e 's/ /_/g'`

echo Now generating mpg for show:
echo $SHOW
tyget -t $TIVO -o $SHOW.ty -f $FSID

echo
echo File downloaded
echo Processing
typrocess -i $SHOW.ty -o $SHOW.mpg -mplex { -f 8 } -demux

echo Cleaning up!
rm $SHOW.ty

This will grab the program based on FSID, name it <showtitle>-<episode>.mpg. You could turn around and call this using a program that parses out FSIDs to grab everything!

MrBassMan
05-17-2003, 04:22 AM
A version of tystudio that automatically creates batch files (windows only at the moment) is at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvd-create/tydemux/installer/win32/Output/

Click on the link to setup.exe

This is Beta3 of tyStudio with many other bugfixes as well - unfortunately I am still waiting for Olaf to give me access to the web site so I cannot formally release this yet.