PDA

View Full Version : tivoweb 1.9.4 aborting?

billisnow
04-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi all....
Need a liitle advice/help with tivoweb. I never used tivoweb on my series 1 But would like to try it on my HDVR2. I have got a few things working bash...ethernet...fixsub...ftp....telnet....
I downloaded a copy of tivoweb 1.9.4 (from http://tivo.lightn.org/)
moved it to the tivo...unzipped it.. then followed mrblack51 instructions first post/sticky in this forum. I added the "151" to the list of suffixes in the "httpd-tt.tcl" file. Then chmod 777 the file.
I also replaced the two file in the tivoweb-tcl file
bsearch and get_space with the ones in the "194mipsbins.zip" file that is in that thread (also chmod 777 those too). All seems to be installed ok but when I try to test run it with the command"/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb console" (as per the instrx). I get the headers.......

"TiVo Web Project - TCL - v1.9.4
The program comes with ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the copyright and readme files for copyright and credit information.
aborting open transaction...."

And that is it....No "accepting connections...."
It doesn't seem to start and I cant access it......
Did I miss a step? or is this the right version of tivo web? (I thought there was only one) or is there another version compile just for mips?
Any help would be appreciated.....
Still learning.....but its fun....

troesma
04-21-2003, 10:51 PM
make sure you have these lines in your hackinit

TIVO_ROOT=
MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
IGNOREEOF=1000
export PATH TIVO_ROOT MFS_DEVICE IGNOREEOF

if not, include them and reboot

did you tried starting tivoweb from bash??
for some weird reason that no one has been able to help me with I cannot start tivoweb or any other program from rc.sysinit.

billisnow
04-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Hey troesma,

Thanks......already have the statements in the hackinit file and when I try to start it from the bash is when I get the statements in my last post. I think it might be something else and since I am not familiar with tivoweb I dont know where to look. Maybe I will reinstall it and try again all my other programs seem to be running fine..

And by the way...........thanks for the post on the wireless solution on the other forum. I coudn't find an SMC so I used a Dlink and after a little reconfiguring I can now telnet/ftp into the tivo over my wireless network...no more cable :o)

Thanks again for the help,

troesma
04-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by billisnow
Hey troesma,

Thanks......already have the statements in the hackinit file and when I try to start it from the bash is when I get the statements in my last post. I think it might be something else and since I am not familiar with tivoweb I dont know where to look. Maybe I will reinstall it and try again all my other programs seem to be running fine..

And by the way...........thanks for the post on the wireless solution on the other forum. I coudn't find an SMC so I used a Dlink and after a little reconfiguring I can now telnet/ftp into the tivo over my wireless network...no more cable :o)

Thanks again for the help,

no problem, i just put the link to SMC because it seems to be the cheapest one.
I have myself an old Lucent bridge i got from work like 3 or 4 years back but still works just fine