PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE to BASH

2old2play
04-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Ok, I finally got Bash to work on my HDVR2 and I am so ready to hack. The only problem is that I have no Idea how to use the BASH prompt. I'm using HyperTerm but I dont know where to bigin. Can anyone give me an example on how to get fixup and the P3 hack on using bash? I dont wanna kill another drive. Thanks

PM ARE WELCOME!

P.S. This formun rocks. I just wanna say thanks to all the cool people out there who have helped me.

MrBlack......you rock

mrblack51
04-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 2old2play
Ok, I finally got Bash to work on my HDVR2 and I am so ready to hack. The only problem is that I have no Idea how to use the BASH prompt. I'm using HyperTerm but I dont know where to bigin. Can anyone give me an example on how to get fixup and the P3 hack on using bash? I dont wanna kill another drive. Thanks

PM ARE WELCOME!

P.S. This formun rocks. I just wanna say thanks to all the cool people out there who have helped me.

MrBlack......you rock

sorry, p3 hack is inappropriate for this forum.
as for bash, check this forum for info on using fixsub. other than that, it depends on what you want to do. there are lots of good bash/linux command line tutorials. if you have used dos, many of the commands are the same or very similar

2old2play
04-25-2003, 03:16 PM
When the bash command come up.... I can't type anything. and if I try and send a file, I get timeout...Will you at least show me how to send to var/hack folder??? Thanks MRblack

2old2play
04-25-2003, 04:47 PM
also, how do I delete files with the bash propt. Or read my hackinit.log so that I can edit it?

mrblack51
04-25-2003, 05:33 PM
rm filename

2old2play
04-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Thanks buddy, you have made me feel like a hacker. ;) All is well in TiVO land. just need a P4 to watch it now.