PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my new T-60

Electron
07-24-2001, 08:50 AM
Just got a New T-60 It has not been connected yet.

I have 2 Standalones I pay a Sub on and will continue to do so.

I want to use my test card in the T-60, If I do the service state hack will I get all the Guide data without the Phone line connected?

I really don't want to Sub the T-60 with Direct Tv.
But want to continue to support Tivo via my 2 other subs.

In reading the previous post things seem to be left hanging
as to weather the servicestate hack works or not.

Is it so new it is unproven at this time?

Thanks
Electron

PS: Great board I will contribute as much as I can.

Lord Magnus
07-24-2001, 09:57 AM
From what I have seen your biggest obstacle is not the service state variable but the setup_bypass variable. You need to make the machine think that it has done the initial dialin. This is done on the SA's by going into the diagnostic mode and changing the variable. I have not seen an equivalent for the Directivos yet since the diag mode appears to be inaccessable.

If you dial in, you will get the 2.0.1 software which will complicate things to some degree.

I also have see the servicestate hack cause continuous reboots on systems where the bypass_setup variable has not been set. This can only be resolved by copying your backup to the hard drive, so beware!

Electron
07-24-2001, 03:35 PM
Sounds like my best bet is to backup the drive(s) so I can always revert to virgin status. Then start working on the setup_bypass variable.

Electron

slims
08-11-2001, 12:11 PM
http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2988

Electron
08-11-2001, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info.

But I already did it using fixup02c.tcl and never even let it call in
I now show a lifetime sub and have the full guide.

I still pay a sub on 2 Sa tivos I just dont want to pay DTV.

I think now we need to look into a way to prevent DTV from updating the EEPROM Like we do on the Dishnet Tsop and the
new DTV receivers to prevent the wink update.

I will be looking into the hardware to identify the chips ASAP.

Electron

hwac
08-12-2001, 12:11 AM
It looks like the at49lv001nt is the chip (at least the only flash) on the board

This may be worth investigating

whoops :D

My bad, there are 3 atmels on the board u17,u18,u44, If i have time next week i will pull them and dump .If my feelings are right there will be one with the s# in it, then you could just clone one with the others s# and presto lifetime sub on all your units + more ??????

maybe i should get my eyes checked
there are 3 devices
1 atmel avr type at90sc3232c
2 atmel flash at49lv001nt 1 meg 32 pin plcc
3 sst flash sst 39vf010-90-4c-nh 1 meg 32 pin plcc

One of these should do it Iím betting on #2

well i was wrong, last edit on this post it's #1

http://eu.atmel.com/atmel/news/19990426.htm
http://www.9thtee.com/insidedirectv-tivo.htm

GoneSilent
08-12-2001, 01:21 AM
So now that we know the chip its just a mater of cutting the path for the program side of the flash correct? Will someone with photoshop point out the path on the pics from 9thtees site?