PDA

View Full Version : Burned stream playing incorrectly

GITM
04-27-2003, 11:34 AM
I just bought a DVD-R burner (A03) and now I'm trying to create a DVD that will play on my set top DVD player (Toshiba SD-2800). Here is my current process:

Use TyStudio to extract from DTivo

Use TyStudio to generate elemental streams with no audio transcoding

Use IFOedit to author a DVD and generate an image

Use Sony CD Extreme to burn image to DVD

It works fine, and plays on my software DVD player, but when i put it in my Toshiba the image is full height on my TV but it only takes up 2/3 horizontally on the left side of the screen and the other 1/3 is a copy of left bit of the original. Very annoying

I don't know if I explained that acceptably but I assume the problem is that my DVD player can't handle a source that's 480x480 instead of 720x480. Has anyone seen this and fixed it? Or is the only solution to transcode the stream to 720x480. And if transcoding is the only option, what's the best way to do that?

Thanks,
-GITM

captain_video
04-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Your best bet would be to get a compatible set top DVD player. Some older models simply can't handle the 480X480 resolution of a ty DVD. There really isn't any viable workaround for it. You can try transcoding the video to 720X480 but it will look like crap when you play it back.