PDA

View Full Version : Video pushed to left side

wzl
04-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey all..

I'm fairly new and searches I did produced no results that have helped me so far.

I am using the latest TyStudio on my Series1 DTivo.

I extracted two one-hour shows that only needed cuts at the beginning and end.

I chose Elemental/48K as my options in TyStudio.

Then I patched my copy of SpruceUp with this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23089) patch (for 480x480)

I imported my media, created a menu using a capture from one of the shows, and had SpruceUp create the Video_TS directory.

I tested it on the computer in SpruceUp and WinDVD. It plays fine. When I switch WinDVD to full screen, it fills the full screen.

So, I burned it using NERO (tried 2 ways - DVD-Video and UDF/ISO.

I put it in my Pioneer DV-525 and play it.
The menu shows up great. It shows up extending full screen.

Then when I play it, the video covers about 2/3 to 3/4 of the screen. There is a significant black area on the right side.

I tried on a few other players and TV's as well with the same results.

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks

wzl
04-28-2003, 10:29 AM
hmm..

maybe it IS my dvd player...

just tried the output from maestro

same thing - menu covers the full screen... video isnt.

captain_video
04-28-2003, 11:30 AM
It's the Pioneer player. This is a known issue on some DVD players and there's nothing that can be done about it except get a new player. Some models simply can't handle the 480X480 format used with tyDVDs. Most current models play them just fine. Take a sample disc with you and do a hands-on test before buying a new player to ensure compatibility.

thekeyplayer
04-28-2003, 11:21 PM
captain_video
It's the Pioneer player. This is a known issue on some DVD players and there's nothing that can be done about it except get a new player. Some models simply can't handle the 480X480 format used with tyDVDs. Most current models play them just fine. Take a sample disc with you and do a hands-on test before buying a new player to ensure compatibility.

I seem to have almost the same trouble with a Pioneer, Apex and a New Samsung. I'm gonna take a test to BBuy tomm but i'm starting to think its a Tystudio thing.. Pioneer seems to play a outright 480X480 mpeg2 burned on a CD w/o any problems but not in DVD format? I don't get it..