PDA

View Full Version : Fade to Black....

Kelly
04-30-2003, 01:17 AM
I have tried TyStudio and like it. However, when I cut out commercials it is a little abrupt. I have read that some users mention other programs to edit but they all seem to be for Linux. I would need one for WinXP. I tried loading the edited version of the video into Movie Maker 2 and Ulead Video Studio and both programs reject the files.

I'm not sure what I am doing and trying to keep from converting the video file to many times. What steps am I missing?

Also Virtual Dub does not like the edited files from TyStudio either.

This is what I thought would happen...

1. Extract from TiVo.

2. Run extracted video through Virtual dub to remove the station logo in the corner of the sreen.

3. Burn it to DVD or XVCD using Nero.

The software eithr says it needs a codec or the file is empty. Has anyone come acrossed that?

Thanks!!

Kelly

P.S. Oh, and I want to fade in at the begining of a show and fade out at the end. I also do the fades at the commercials. I need a Win XP solution. If it was an absolute must I could set up a HD for Linux.

scarabus
04-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Check my thread on
frame-accurate editing (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=96356#post96356). Using TyStudio, Womble MPEG-VCR, DVDPatcher, TMPGEnc and Maestro I've been able to do perfect commercial cuts during the fade to black.
It's a lot of effort, but if you want perfect results there's only one way that I've found.
This is all on XP.

Kelly
05-03-2003, 03:36 PM
I'll check it out.

Thanks!!

Update:

Yes, this does help! But it is not quite what I wanted. I wanted to control the length of the fade out and fade in. Right now I only have what I can sa;vage fron my edit and right in the middle is some noise both audio and video. I'm not too creazy about that. Maybe if I use a high end editing package I may get the control i'm looking for. I don't really know. For now this works great for monies but not so great at removing commercials from a TV show.

Kelly