PDA

View Full Version : Impatient Series 2 (serial)

rattydukes
05-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Ever since my series 2 updated it's software to v. 4.0-01-2-230 my tivo can't consistantly change to 3 digit channels via it's serial connection. It sends the channel change request fine, but tivo doesn't wait for the digital cable box to return a image from the 3 digit channel, than the cable box starts crawling up channels until it gets something--I presume tivo is doing this. Once it finds a signal tivo thinks its on the original channel i sent it, and is thus off by a couple channels.

I have sent a support request into tivo, but i was wondering if anyone else has seen this bahavior or has any ideas???

I cant take any more damn misrecorded informercials....

captain_video
05-08-2003, 10:30 AM
I haven't owned a standalone Tivo for quite some time but isn't there a way to add a pause between channel numbers for better channel changing compatibility? I don't know if this can be done with the serial connection but I seem to remember you could do it via the IR blaster. I know that some cable boxes don't react quickly enough to IR input commands, making it necessary to add a slight pause between each transmitted channel digit. You might want to check and see if this is feasible using the serial control as well.